MLB 12 The Show

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BearCat204, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

it's worse than crack. i can't stop playing it, even if i go 1 for 15 and get pissed i'll end up hitting a HR or something and have to keep playing

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yup, my franchise is getting pretty interesting as well. I'm at the end of August and only 1.5 games out for the division lead behind Philadelphia. Got a three game series against them coming up so hopefully I can close the gap. Would be my first post season ever on the show. Im pretty pumped

3. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

i won a couple of world series titles in RTTS with boston on '10, it was [uck fay]ing awesome

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Havent played as much RTTS as I would have liked. I got to caught up in franchise. I think I will give it a shot this year. The Diamond Dynasty could be a gigantic leap in sports video gaming. Some guys over at OS are allowed to now talk about all the details to it since SCEA dropped that part of the NDA for DD. Some of the things that are in that mode are going to be so much fun playing. I think smokey will have a 6 month long boner when he hears all the details to the mode.

5. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

smokey gets excited over the little shit like being able to tell which players are wearing a cup and which ones aren't. too bad for his wife she won't be able to enjoy that 6 month boner he'll have. i did get a laugh today when i fouled one to the third base side and saw a guy fall out of the stands trying to pick the ball up

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The little things....

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

After having the game a bit and putting in some good time with it, I would say that 12 is a great improvement on 11. The hitting just feels better, kinduv hard to explain, but it has a real feel to it and doesnt seen to have the canned animation from earlier installments of the game. In particularly paying attention in a recent game, I never saw the same hit/location/velocity twice. The ball feels alive off the bat and really makes this game stand out. Graphically there were some nice improvements with lighting and it is super smooth with no anti-laising issues or framerate issues. Havent put a ton of time into Diamond Dynasty, but it seems to be very similar to HUT in NHL except you are mostly playing with fictional players who you can train and kinduv tailor to what kind of player or role you need them to fill. Even though it is similar in a lot of ways to 11, in my opinion it is worth a 60 dollar investment over 11 and you will notice a lot of "under the hood" changes, especially ball physics and anti collision. I put in 11 after playing 12 for a while to see if I could notice a difference and honestly I couldnt play longer than 3 innings because I loved the changes so much in 12. If you are a baseball fan and have a PS3, then this is a MUST BUY and quite possibly the greatest baseball game I have ever played beating out 11 and MVP 05.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Also another thing that made me happy was that the challenge of the week is free this year. You can play the challenge as many times as you like and they are still giving away prizes every week for the top winners

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

And I have created my diamond dynasty team: The Key West Greasy Midgets. Key players on the team right now are Jason Werth, Gonzalez from Colorado, and Pudge.

10. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

whenever redbox gets it i will probably pick it up for a few days but it's still going to take a lot to convince me it's really that much of an upgrade

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Mason picked it up today.......have yet to get his thoughts on it

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Played a few games online last night, the servers are so much better than years past. There is a slight delay in batting, but after playing online for a couple of innings, I was able to get the timing down.

13. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

even smokey finally admitted the DD was a bit of a let down so far. if they could truely make it playable online i would upgrade this year but after upgrading every year for the past 4 i think it's time for me to sit out a year

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Ive had fun with DD.......just havent had the time to get that far into it. Im surprised, because that has smokey written all over it. Im happy I got the upgrade, but then again, I pretty much play it everyday

15. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

DD has me intrigued as far as potential goes as i've finally gotten into HUT this year so i can see the similarities. one thing that got me to stick with '11 is i finally realized i never took a RTTS guy real deeo into a career, i want to retire a guy for a change for some odd reason

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Still playing the shit out of this. There is an awesome roster set over on operation sports, which is a community effort and the rosters are current as of opening day. Im in the middle of an 84 game online league over there and it is absolutely grueling..........3-9 with the Braves.

18. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

is it enough of an upgrade over last year to buy it?

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The online mainly free of lag and the ability to actually play online against another person makes it worth it IMO. Also the ball physics are very nice and the collision detection is so much better than 11. Whether or not that is enough of an upgrade to you to buy, is up to you. I have absolutely no buyers remorse though

20. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

When did you turn into such a dork?