MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I got a hat with the official Champs patch on the side and wore it pretty much like everyday until it was super nasty and then retired it to the hat rack. Then I bought a couple more when they went on sale 6 months later, that I don’t wear.

Which is the other thing I forgot to mention. Everything for sale right now will go on sale next season. But don’t let that deter you, because you need it now. And then you need again in 6 months. Buy it all. Seriously. Trust me.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It kind of makes sense. Anything you've got to wash 3 times a week is bound to take some wear and tear.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I bought a hat at the WS game I went to in 13. I look terrible in those fitted wool hats so it sits on the mantle and is my Christmas tree topper

A-Smith likes this.
  4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Buster Posey retiring. Not a Giants fan, obviously, but anytime a first ballot HOF retires it deserves a mention.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Damn, didn't realize he was close to retirement age.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He’s only 34. Just one of those guys whose life doesn’t revolve around the sport he plays.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or he's had two serious leg injuries and he's a catcher

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m sure that was a factor too, but he sat out the the short season for the safety of and to care for his young family and he’s walking away from 22 million dollars next year. He wants to be a family man and I can respect it.

9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Need a shirt that says - you don't know Snit

A-Smith likes this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Braves won 44 games before the All Star Break. 44 games after. They clinched the WS in the 44th week of the year. GM, Alex Anthropolous was born in 1977 -44. Snitker joined the Braves organization in 1977 -44. Kind of a weird coincidence. But we are getting into Jefferson, Adams, Monroe all dying on the 4th of July type territory. So maybe a thanks to Hank for putting a good word in for us is in order.

Sorry Cardinal and Cub fans. God likes the Braves now.

Actually, let's not get carried away. What it probably means is that we won't win another WS until 2065.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Beautiful...

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Too bad his first name isn’t Jack…

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hahaha

15. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Let’s say we don’t re-sign Freeman. I could accept that if:

We have a competition between Soler and Ozuna for first with the loser going to DH, sign another Morton quality starter and Melancon quality reliever, retain Rosario, Duvall, and anyone else who’s a FA other than Pederson whom we thank profusely before sending out with a black Tahitian string.

16. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I’d still be pissed but could swallow it. Otherwise I’m marching to the sea.

17. chef65

chef65 Contributor

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did not know that Jacob Stallings was Kevin Stallings son.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I did. Have hated him ever since I found out

A-Smith likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And once you know you can’t unsee Kevin when you look at Jacob