MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Make it like the original XFL. For example, each half of the inning put a bat at home plate. Have a guy from each team run around the bases at the same time, and whoever picks up the bat first gets to hit. Hell you might go the whole game without having to pitch.

Full contact allowed.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think you could expand the playoffs if you want, but you need to go to 32 teams across 8 divisions and decrease the season to 154 games.

And institute the DH across both leagues because pitchers hitting is really stupid.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think the endgame is eventually 32 teams with either 8 of 4 or 4 of 8 and 8 per league in playoffs. JMO

And yes, 154 games.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is like when I agree with something Trump says. It happens so infrequently, and the guy is such an idiot, that I’m not really sure how to feel.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

My only issue would be that the playoffs are such a crap shoot, expanding it them would only make it worse.

Or better, honestly. That said, I think you need to do more to recognize the best regular season record(s), in each league, if they keep two leagues.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, 32 teams would balance the schedule too.

9. CardinalVol

Agree.

If they were to go the 16 team route, I'd propose to do something where it's best of 3 and the higher seed goes in with a 1-0 lead. Basically the lower seed would have to double dip the higher seed to advance. If higher seed won 1 game they would advance.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That’s an interesting thought, and I had not considered that. Though, it kind of has a similar feel to starting a base runner on second in extra innings. Maybe there’s another angle I’m missing.

11. CardinalVol

Only reason is to take out some of the crap shoot of it. Give teams with better records a distinct advantage to offset it.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That’s fair.

13. CardinalVol

Now, thereafter go to your best of 5 then best of 7. This would just be for the first round.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I wouldn’t want to see anything like this. I don’t care if the higher seed wins or not

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I want to go back to 1993 rules. Delete the Florida teams. Four 7 team divisions. DH is illegal. Lobbying for it is considered cheating. Steroids are encouraged.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Maybe i missed my calling as an asst baseball coach because there is zero chance I would have been at games and not noticed their dugout banging once, twice or 3 times befor pitches. Yet teams went the whole year in quiet stadiums and nobody noticed? Come on

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Lots of players and teams thought or suspected they were doing something shady.

But without any actual proof the Astros had concocted a scheme to steal signs, it’s kind of hard to publicly accuse them of cheating.

Same thing applies to guys throwing doctored baseballs or using a corked bat. You best be making damn sure 100% you know a guy is doing it before confronting an umpire.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah but still. All teams I played on, those not in the field tried to pick up on 3B signs, indicators, etc. Or words. Our drag bunt was "Lets Go Big Green" and blatantly obvious to where pitchers would step off the mound. Just hard for me to believe nobody picked up on it midgame and brought it up. Some of those day games have nobody there so it would be obvious

20. CardinalVol

I'm just hoping MLB let's the players handle this and Houston has a record HBPs this year.

VolDad likes this.