Moment of Truth In The Middle East.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hatvol96, Aug 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The sane world's response to Syria will chart the course for that region for the next 20 years.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

If WWIII doesn't break out first.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

saw a poll that 9% of americans agree with bombing syria. for once i agree with the masses.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm not a fan of getting deeper in the quagmire, but I don't see how Syria's actions can just be ignored.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not sure what the sane response is.

6. JayVols

I'm convinced there is no sane response to that level of batshit. You've gotta out crazy the crazy.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not sure i agree, but we can at least agree that just bombing isn't going to do much. even if the rebels succeed we likely just get another set of nutjobs.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's a powderkeg right now. My opinion is leave it alone.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

If we do go into that situation, then we need to play for keeps once.

10. JayVols

Don't get me wrong. I have no idea what should or shouldn't be done. I just know using VX gas on civillians is some bad shit. I'm quite perplexed what to do.

I will say that whatever it is, I hope it sends a big F you to Putin....as long as it doesn't start WWIII.

11. JayVols

Absolutely. Go all out or don't go.

12. hatvol96

If it means the end of Assads once and for all, I don't give a shit if we hand the place over to Al Queda or Hezbollah. Should have wiped the old man out 40 years ago. Time to remedy a mistake.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If we don't strike, more people are going to get gassed, period. If we do, I am not sure what the ramifications are. It's a delicate situation, but I'm inclined to agree with Jay that it shouldn't be ignored.

14. hatvol96

Until we stare Putin in the eye and tell him what we are going to do, as opposed to seeking his sanction, he'll keep pushing.

15. hatvol96

That's the attitude that made WWII far more bloody than it needed to be. Until we recognize that radical Jihadism is nothing but facism hiding behind a Koran, we're screwed.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If we do strike, and it isn't decisive, then it also means we have done nothing but posture when it comes to NBCs.

17. hatvol96

Correct.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't really see a difference between the two sides.

19. JayVols

That's the way to deal with a bully.

He needs to be re-educated on the fact that we have enough nukes to wipe his ass off the map too. I'm not advocating launching nukes mind you, but if he wants to play the Cold War game, he needs to be aware of the above fact.

20. hatvol96

The Assads are animals who have been running the place for half a century or so. I'll worry about what replaces them when they are properly disposed of.