Monday morning practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Aug 11, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Same here. I completely wrote him off after the shitshow at the Swamp. Never thought I would see him take another snap at Tennessee. I was pretty shocked after spring practice when he didn't transfer tbh.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And no....actual RB to fake to...center exchange to worry with...o-linemen to see over/around....audibles to make

It's going to be a long season.

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Eh, some of the comments here make me think few have watched an NFL combine or Pro Day.

1st Round QBs put throws on the turf. Much less a group of Peterman/Worley/Dobbs... and we also don't know their comp/att ratio so if they're putting 10 on the dirt but they're attempting 100 passes, that's not a horrible ratio.

Blake Bortles went 38/47 and that was considered a "great Pro Day". While it should be noted these were likely more 20-yard out routes and more difficult passes than some of the ones our QBs are trying... this is a guy who was considered a very high profile and quality QB. 80% at Pro Day throwing to guys he has been playing with for months or years and without them being covered. 80% and he's a Top 10 pick.

Just let that sink in, folks.

4. Tenacious D

Typically, you're just trying to train them to focus on their mechanics / motion and aim, alone, and to not be distracted by things touching / "hitting" them, or moving in their periphery / around / in front of them.

I coach a team of 4-6 year olds, and that's why we do it.

Take it as you will.

5. Tenacious D

All fair and necessary points, DCV.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

At 20, they can throw.

7. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

30 minutes ago, Jones announced the starting QB and #2. It's Patrick Ashford to start and Will Bradshaw is the backup.

Now, that's trolling!

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

So who is saying they wouldn't be shocked if Peterman gets the nod?

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

With Bajakian as the QB Coach/OC, we're going to see the exact same production and gameplan regardless of who gets the nod.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Wish it weren't true.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

That's the ultimate fear. A coaching staff with absolutely no ability to play to your strengths (however few may exist).

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

We have several strengths. We've got good playmakers on the outside, competent TE's, nice stable of RB's. The line is a question mark but they'll be serviceable. We just need somebody to be an average QB.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The gameplan can be vanilla insofar as to say set up the pass with the run, then let the best athletes on the field (North and Malone) do their thing. But no matter what good sense tells you, Bajakian is going to lineup in his track meet sets, motion his slots, then run the same series of crosses and slants that had defenses clamoring for more in 2013. It would be different if DCs actually had their guys adjust to what we were doing, but they never even honored a WR orbiting or going across the set, defense's knew the intermediate routes that were coming at them no matter where guys lined up at.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Zasnow. Not that he knows shit.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Again Peterman looks better than everyone else. He's a better athlete and definitely has a better arm.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hush, Florida last year trumps anything else.

17. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Hmm

-scout.com

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If I had more faith in Bajakian, it wouldn't matter. Cutcliffe is a known QB whisperer and Kiffin isn't a slouch as an offensive coordinator. They saved Ainge and Crompton.

Bajakian isn't in either of those guys' league. I never saw Worley or Dobbs get better last year.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

When did Barnett commit? Wasn't it pretty late?