More good vibes from ESPN

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Dec 8, 2022.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Sure, but in general I think the narrative about coaches who’ve had success with new or innovative schemes has jumped the shark. Yes, Heupel is good at scheming guys open. But Hyatt is fast as hell that’s ultimately why he’s so open.

Or Lincoln Riley in the end at Oklahoma. People didn’t figure Riley out as much as his talent level on the OL dipped and his scheming people wide open was largely predicated on beating you to death running counter first.
    Obviously would be unstoppable, and Heupel would tailor what he was doing to their skill sets. That being said, I couldn’t help but think of allll the throws Hooker made and can make consistently that Dobbs could never in a million years make in less you basically tore down his motion, grip and release and started over.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Last I’d heard he was 50/50 on even playing in the Orange Bowl.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Looks like he is trying to see if he can make as much as a Vol as in the NFL

TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. Tar Volon

Have at it, young man.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dobbs was never coached either, the qb coach was a GA.

As for Hyatt, he's great but Heupel got him 1 on 1 with safeties and linebackers a lot due to scheme. He didn't have to make many contested catches or break many tackles.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would be good with it but if I was advising him I would tell him to go. His stock is as high as it will be. Imo

7. Tar Volon

Five TDs against a top five team is just not something you pull off twice. Even if he’s better next year, he won’t have the hype he has right now.

zehr27, TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.