Moved MGT is a dumbass

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Apr 18, 2023.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Just don't tell them......

InVolNerable likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

People just trying desperately to stop the forward momentum of the world because it frightens them.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think transgenderism is moving forward as a society. It's a desperate cry for help from a lot of people that's being turned into a moneymaking machine.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is a real thing for some people and the water is getting all muddied up.

Indy and InVolNerable like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A very small percentage, yes, yes it is. Then, the attention whores get involved and it turns into what we have now

Indy, InVolNerable and warhammer like this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

My experience is the attention whores are the smaller percentage of those making up transgender folks. I've yet to meet one who's unhappy with doing so. The progress part is society's acceptance of something which has always existed. Any change in society is invariably messy, from the nature of defining it to the level of resistance which inevitably occurs.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

dunking on MTG is like prime Michael Jordan dunking on my 1 year old nephew

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Frankly I think it’s a little bit naive to assume a vast majority are “truly trans” (I don’t mean to be insensitive I’m not sure a better way to put it) just because they report being happy with their decision. For one thing, I can’t imagine how awful it is to take hormones for years and realize it was a huge mistake and then have to de-transition, I’d imagine people who do transition often put walls up in their mind to prevent them from thinking about or acknowledging it being a mistake. It really is complicated. If it’s an underlying separate mental illness but a person can live happily if they transition, I say go for it. The problem is many of these people are not mentally stable and they’re just latching on to the trans thing. I just honestly can’t understand how anyone doesn’t believe there’s a social contagion thing happening right now.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think there is much of one, because I don't think there is anything appealing about the situation. There would have to be something there already.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wouldn't you think your perception of their happiness with the procedure is affected by your skepticism of, maybe unwillingness to accept, the idea transgenderism is a little bit deeper and legit than a social fad? You are making a lot of assumptions to fit your view on the matter, most important of which is the idea it's naive to think the people who are affected don't believe their own nature of who they say they are. My understanding of their related experience is also one in which the "social contagion" provides a lot less support and happiness than the aggravation, and even danger, associated with the transition.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I used to think that MTG was just the typical new breed politician who was using her office to boost her appeal to a certain segment of the population. That way she could make a ton of money after leaving office. I realize now, that she’s actually just a [uck fay]ing idiot.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And doubles up by being batshit crazy on top of it.

Poppa T likes this.
  13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

So y'all are saying "a batshit crazy idiot"? I'll allow it.

14. HCKevinSteele

You mean you don’t think there’s anything appealing about transitioning? To you or I, perhaps not. What someone with a (possibly severe) mental illness of some kind who is desperately looking for an answer and gets sucked into the maybe I’m trans wormhole. Trying to think in terms of appeal doesn’t really work if a person is in a bad place mentally and may not be able to be rational about it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have said you think history will look back on gender affirming care like lobotomy, but even if that is so then the anti trans rhetoric not being backed up with providing mental health care or any other positive intervention on people you say are unwell will not look any better. Either there is a condition where one has some kind of mismatch in internal identity and sex, or one so strongly believes it that they are willing to alter their bodies. Either way they don't need to be labeled criminals and shunned. They need support.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would try mental help before surgery, I say this not shunning transgender people but as a way to make sure it’s not something else before you do irreparable damage

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m pretty confident there are some who are searching for something, find a trans group and decide the give it a whirl.

…which is what scares me about this new bill regarding teens finding a shelter, saying their parents don’t support their plan, and getting dcs involved. Seems really ridiculous to me and could get ugly. Kids are easily influenced and teen years are roller coasters of emotions and hormones.

peelwonder likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would encourage anyone to seek counseling before undergoing something elective and somewhat irreversible like that. And I think that is generally standard.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Re: gender transition stuff I think you are right and counseling is required.

I struggle with understanding it and feel sorry for those that believe/feel that is their best/only option. I am thankful that none in my family have faced it. I am not sure how I would handle it.

I don't think those people that have those body mutilation (or whatever they call them) have to get counseling before they turn themselves into animal/demon/alien looking things. That is some crazy shit.

20. HCKevinSteele

100% agree.