Moving on to Vandy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 17, 2018.

1. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Gotta believe we can scheme a victory against Vandy. Mizzou had a pretty sizable talent advantage.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We’ve given Vanderbilt-loss worthy efforts more than once this season. We will have to show up to play and not waste the first two drives like we do almost every game.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I had a pretty good view of him one drive when Mizzou was going the other way. He made reads extremely fast. He made the majority of his decisions pre snap. Then he just slung it like an NFL qb. I didn't know he was that good.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Be interesting to see how interested we are in beating Vandy. There wont be an issue on the other end.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He’s got second most yardage if anyone in SEC history. You don’t stumble into that.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Vandy isn't as talented as Mizzou, but they are just as bad a matchup and still better than us. It'll take a great game plan to win next week.

7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Yeah. The pass rush was almost nonexistent today.
    And this is a QB who will be playing on Sundays soon - hence you give up 50.

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah he burned our asses.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

If Vandy beats Ole Miss and is fighting for a bowl slot, I lose a good bit of confidence in our ability to put this one away... Especially if JG and Calloway are out.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I dont know that it matters all that much. Vandy would take beating UT over going to Memphis or Birmingham if given the option.

Game will have a lot more to do with JG and Callaway and UT wanting to beat Vandy as much as Vandy wants to beat them. The later is there. There hasnt been a fear factor for Vandy in several years.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If we lose to Vandy again then it is time to shut down Ut Football

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Meh. Wouldn't be an extraordinary coaching job this year. This is where the entire program sank to, so it's going to take time

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I really don't want to lose to Vandy again.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Fixed.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. clownbaby

clownbaby kidbourbon version 2 point no

Fact

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Well, we should shut it down then. Vandy game will be similar to Mizzou along the lines of scrimmage.

It sucks and it’s frustrating but it’s going to be reality on Saturday. Only way to fix it is recruiting, strength and conditioning, and coaching. I like this staff’s chances in all 3 areas.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Losing this game and having Vandy go to a bowl on our backs while we sit at home is a stank that Pruitt won’t soon live down. The Lyle excuse doesn’t fly any more. This is Pruitts team now and there’s no acceptable explanation for Tennessee losing to Vanderbilt. Not now, not then, not ever. The very fact that we’re even having (and have BEEN having for the past few years) a discussion where losing this game is a possibility is ridiculous.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I encourage you to look at the roster and see who actually recruited 80% of those players. This just isn't true.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Weren't some of those kids pretty good coming out of high school?

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was good in HS.