Mr. Al Wilson

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Somebody posted a pic of him and Leonard Little over at the other place and it got me to thinking. Does anybody know if Al has a brother?

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Changed thread title, Beech.

We refer to him as "Mr." Al Wilson around these parts, primarily out of respect, but also, for fear that he'll be angered by our insolance and will kill the interwebz, and all who frequent it.

And, no, I don't think he has any siblings, but then, Curiosity has only been on the ground for a few weeks.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I was able to fistbump Mr. Wilson at the Georgia Dome Friday night. Do you think a fistbump is terribly beneath him and besmirched his honor?

I'll hang-up and listen.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's still scared of me, I guarantee it.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. Beechervol

Good call.

Does anyone else have a more definitive answer?

The reason I asked is because I used to work with a guy that claimed he was Mr. Wilson's (not Dennis the Menace, but Al) brother.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

RIP volfanjo's fist.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He grew up in the not-so-best part of East Jackson so using demographics and stereotyping, I'll say there's a decent chance he at least has a half-brother.

8. Beechervol

I go that impression from this fella as well.

Im gonna have my [​IMG] moment now.

I met (assuming his is not full of it) the legends brother while working at FedEx a few years back. I got called by the supervisor to train this guy for a few nights. While shooting the bull and discussing how bad FedEx really sucked the conversation changed to football. He very nonchalantly tells me he is the brother of a famous football player that attended UT. At that point he turned around and after taking a better look at the guy before he could anything else, I responded "Your Al Wilson's brother". He just grinned and shook his head. After hearing some of his stories it seemed pretty legit to me.

Edit: Cards true colors coming out.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Del Baker imo

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I laughed

11. Beechervol

Starting to think this is correct.

I remember Del and Vincent playing in the state tourney when I was in HS. They knocked Trenton Hassell and Clarksville out. Had Shawn Marion been a year younger that game goes the other way.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Y U high hat me Sunday, bro? I invited you and the fam to come swimming with my bunch?lol

13. Beechervol

Yeah. You let your wife call the shots Fri. when you skipped on me. Payback.

Naw, we was at the hospital Sunday. I didn't get your message til late Sunday night. Sounds like your girls did well but didn't receive the proper hardware for it.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Boom!

15. JayVols

I understand. I wound up watching the game in Brentwood with Sparty's wife while he was attending the game......

Nah, a college roommate lives there and my wife is good friends with his wife. She wanted to go there. The girls did great. It was just a couple of dances that were questionable, but still an all around great weekend for her and her team. They are the #1 7-9 year-old team in the United States- not bad. The one thing I like about my kid is that she's so competitive that she was pissed about finishing 3rd in the NATION for her solo. I like that drive.

16. Beechervol

Glad to hear they did well.

Yeah I heard you and Sparty was bros.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Jay and Beech Eiffel towered Sparty's wife?

18. Beechervol

Jay went lone ranger on that trip.

19. JayVols

I don't get even.....I get ahead.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Airtight