POLITICS Mueller Investigation Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Apr 18, 2018.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Even Preet Bharara was impressed with Ratcliffe’s line of questioning.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hey, everyone that voted for him thought he was a squeaky clean business man from New York. Never made a shady deal or said anything inappropriately in his life.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Nancy isn’t that stupid

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I see it differently, I don't see any way that Republicans cannot avoid indicting him.

Unless one is above the law.

So no importance.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

“We found insufficient evidence of the president’s culpability,” Mueller

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Unique, indeed.

8. Tenacious D

There are many things that one should never underestimate, and the current House majority is at the top of the list.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I needed a good laugh today.

VolDad likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I kinda wish he would be impeached. The amount of daily crybaby shit in this country would drop to next virtual silence. Screw the economy. Screw the stronger military and changes in the VA. Screw laws to help imprisoned African Americans. Screw Israel. Screw AA unemployment. Lets get back to the real world where more people get free shit, and we can pick our own bathrooms based on how we feel today.

11. Tenacious D

Who is above the law, or advocating that anyone is or should be? Wait, is this one of your rhetorical arguments where you want to make some caricature of an argument, so as to then assign it to someone who’s opinion you don’t share, and then quickly devolve it into a silly spectacle of unimportant and irrelevant semantics, and thereby further supporting your delusions of intellectual superiority?

Is that what this is? Cause I’m going to unsubscribe from that.

If the House believes that President Trump has committed an impeachable offense, they should immediately move to impeachment proceedings. Democrats, Republicans, women, men, white, black, rich, poor, woke, asleep, conservative, liberal, red or blue - just a majority is all that they need to start, and which the Democrats now enjoy, at least for the next 1.5ish years.

Hopefully, they’ll use their remaining time wisely.

zehr27 likes this.
  12. Tenacious D

Immediate impeachment proceedings is the only answer, here.

Or the Democratic Party is a bunch of liars.

13. Tenacious D

I strongly disagree.

You, like most Americans, just don’t get it - because you aren’t sufficiently smart enough to grasp, educated enough to understand, or woke enough to see how truly terrible this Trump dude is, and the existential crisis he’s plunged this country into.

Or you’re too sexist.

Or racist (the ol’ reliable).

Or xenophobic.

Or homophobic.

Or a gang rapist.

Or a Nazi.

Or hate diversity.

Or any combination, thereof.

14. fl0at_

Agreed. Except this isn't about impeachment. It is about INDICTMENT.

If anyone else, and I mean any-ONE would have been indicted for this, from the lowest pleb to the King of Britanica, then ALL should be indicted.

15. fl0at_

And the conclusion has been clear for a long time, others would have been indicted.

And that say nothing of guilt. It's just a charge.

16. fl0at_

I've always just kind of pictured you as an all around smiling person.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The Dooz likes this.
  18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

But not anyone was indicted. Muller indicted exactly zero people for collusion. Why weren't any of his family members indicted? They aren't the president. What about campaign aides? This might make sense if Trump was the only person not indicted, but instead we have a situation where not a single person was indicted. The OLC interpretation is meaningless to anyone not named Donald Trump. Either not enough is there to charge anyone, or Trump did it all completely solo without anyone else's knowledge, but can't be charged.

19. fl0at_

You're assumption is that the indictment is related to collusion?

Mueller indicted lots of people.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The whole point of the investigation was for collusion. You're telling me the OLC interpretation singularly prevented a Trump indictment, yet no one else was indicted either. So either Trump colluded completely by himself and got away with it because he is above the law, or not enough information was available to charge him or literally anyone else.