POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weren't you the guy who this week was upset on principle for a tax policy that would only affect .023% of Americans, all of which are multimillionaires who by definition did not need to work for a living?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes because many of them hold large shares of stock and if they bail before the capital gains increase comes out, my portfolio will be hit. Everybody's will. If..they bail.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I've got it figured out, but I think anyone who says the following is insane. Insane:

I knock on your door. And I tell you, "Ssmiff, there is a group of people who want to kill you. Not just kill you, but your children too. And your wife. And there's an internet forum, you can go visit. And look, there's a "joke" about them raping your wife and smashing your children's heads in with stones. And here's some posts showing pictures of other people that kind of look like you being killed. And jokes man. Oh, and there is a small percentage of them who live in your town. And every time you walk by them in the store they are thinking how they hate you, and want to murder you. And of course your kids as well. And wait until your kids see these websites! Because they will. "

I think it would be only an insane person was then like, "Oh, yea. I don't worry about them. Bob, my neighbor is more likely to kill me."

Only an insane person.

SetVol13 and tvolsfan like this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t spend much time worrying about anybody trying to kill me

warhammer likes this.
  5. fl0at_

Lucky you. I spent four years of my life believing it was a strong possibility.

I'd hate to think of what it would be like all my life.

SetVol13 and Poppa T like this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Btw, 1000s in memphis hate you and would beat you to death if there was no penalty for it, because of your skin color. Do you worry about them or go about your business. Only an insane person wouldn't be paranoid all day everyday right?
    I'm done running circles with you. Free world here so you can think as you wish as to the inherent danger white supremacy imposes on minorities. Grave risk and they should be paranoid 24/7 due to the dangers WS are to them daily in memphis, as there no doubt have been many attacks on blacks there from whitey cracker, and they should live life in fear of more.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, these are white supremacist groups which are actually active and doing things, planning things. 1000 black guys in Memphis aren't going after me or any other white person in a coordinated effort like these particular hate groups are doing. In fact, they don't give two shits about me.

8. fl0at_

Awareness and paranoia look the same to someone like you, I'm sure. But they are not the same.

If there is a group of black individuals, who have done terrorist acts on white people, because they are white, I am not aware of them. Nation of Islam, and even the New Black Panther Party are not performing acts of terrorism. Not on any multi city, multi state, or multi national level.

The same is not true of white supremacist groups that do act in multi city, multi state and multi national levels.

Once they are, at a level equivalent of white supremacy groups, I will absolutely be aware of them.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Y’all’s facebook feeds suck

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Ssmiff, SetVol13 and IP like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If it doesn't exist, can it suck?

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, he's pandering?
    My Facebook feed has this to say about the topic. FB_IMG_1619789339376.jpg

justingroves and VolDad like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, strange perceived connection in the meme. We have a progressive system anyway, everyone is taxed the same per bracket. There has been some kind of national conditioning over the last several decades to make people either not know or ignore this. Should I make a million dollars, I'd pay the same taxes on the first 20k or whatever as everyone else making at least 20k's first 20k. And for the next 20k I'd pay the same as everyone else's second 20k. And so on. We're taxed the same per bracket, some are blessed to have even more brackets.

I mean, we've been cutting taxes for the highest brackets for decades, with the stated intended effect being that it would increase job growth and compensation at the lower rungs... In fact, they have stagnated. It's just not true.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Cutting taxes while not cutting spending doesn’t really work since the piper has to be paid anyways.

We have an out of control spending problem and once the wheels start to wobble on the economy. We’re out of bullets.

just paying the interest on the debt is going to strain us

warhammer likes this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

In theory, supply side economics should support job growth, and historically it did. I just don't think it can in today's world, not in the ways it did before. Tax receipts are not our biggest problem though.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the question is where would we be if we didnt' do those things. we really don't know. compensation is finally growing net of inflation and back to 2000 levels. unemployment has been super low for a while excluding covid. i'd argue wages stagnating have nothing to do with tax policy and 100% to do with globalization.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I did not intend to imply any causal relationships. I think you are right, globalization is the factor.

droski likes this.
  17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Plus the influx of low wage workers from South and central Americas in illegals that help keep lower skilled labor cheaper

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If you look at the chart middle class and high earners have actually kept up with inflation. Low earners have not. Illegal immigration has to be a major factor there.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, now that two of you said it I can't not respond. While that can't help, illegal immigration is a symptom, not a cause. Illegal immigrants working for below minimum wage are victims of wage theft. The ones hiring them are what is attracting them, are the ones stealing and to whatever extent that is what is suppressing wages, they are responsible for that. The situation and agency of the immigrant just pales in comparison to the one hiring them to pick fruit, do construction, or care for their kids.

Further, we can look at specific states that cracked down on illegal immigrants working, like Alabama and Georgia, who then absolutely could not find people to take that work picking melons and whatnot to the point that they reversed the policy.

Back in 2012: https://www.forbes.com/sites/realsp...as-immigration-law-backfires/?sh=40c04c12492a

So, while that is the common sentiment (immigrants are to blame), I think the facts do not support it and in reality they are some combination of symptom and collateral damage of other things. One of those things being we do not want to pay the real price of things if we can help it, and are willing push the cost over into human misery if it means more money. Maybe a watermelon isn't 99 cents a pound, if instead of paying an illegal immigrant 5 dollars an hour you paid a fair wage for hard and irregular work.

If you are living, working, eating, and sleeping in the United States and getting paid less than the federal minimum wage, which is a poverty wage, you're getting [uck fay]ed too. I don't care what you made back home or if you are sending your pay back there.

JudgmentVol and Unimane like this.
  20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree with most of what you said especially the blame being on the people hiring, but farming in 2020 is a small percentage of illegal immigrant labor. While I agree getting Americans to pick melons would be hard, I do think higher wages in retail, industrial, manufacturing , and the restaurant industry would happen without illegal labor. I’d guess most illegals are on the books and shown as legal labor and most are making at least minimum wage.