POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you are mischaracterizing the tweets. They weren't "I voted for this candidate," they were "We won't have a country!" type things. Wonder what they mean by that. Who is "we?"

Unimane likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't understand this take. For multiple reasons:

1. Zach Wilson has 60k Twitter followers now. No idea how many he had when he liked the tweet, but I'm assuming quite a few less. How many people watch the NFL? How many people watch the shows that talked about the socks after the fact? Which thing, socks or tweet, do you honestly think reached more eyes and ears?

2. Then there's intention. Do you think Zach Wilson was looking to influence others by liking that tweet? Or was he just agreeing with something he read on Twitter? I can say with confidence that Kaep was trying to influence others and their opinions.

3. And then what's the message? You can say that Kaep was just trying to call out police killing people, but that's a pretty disingenuous take. He was condemning the group, calling cops pigs. Not cops who commit crimes or cops who kill people. Just cops. The system. America. You could make a claim that the post Zach liked also displayed a bad message. But I think you'd characterize it a little more negatively than it actually is... which you just did in the post above this one. And, again, even if you put a check mark next to #3 for Zach, you still don't have #1 or #2.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I know you want to make the tweet out to be as horrible as possible, but the most likely answer for who is "we" is probably just "conservatives."

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Law enforcement is systemically racist. People aren't systems.

When law and justice targets a portion of the population that is a minority, at a higher rate than the majority, that system is systemically racist. That doesn't make it supremacy, but it does make it racist. Drug laws are inherently racist. They are inherently racist in origin and in application. That's the system, and the system is systemically racist.

This person, this law enforcement officer, individually, may or may not be. But just because a law enforcement officer isn't, doesn't mean the system isn't systemically racist.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, I'm pretty certain "we" means Americans. I'm not sure it meaning "conservatives" makes it any better, either, especially since it was couched within statements also saying, during the campaign, Dems will destroy religion, the 2nd amendment, etc., etc.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Both sides say that type of stuff. But I'm sure his "we" probably referred to white supremecists, since that's what trump and his supporters are. Right?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I asked you.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess they were confused. They still have a country.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

To hit a like button is to what, if not influence others and telegraph your opinion?

I don't see how pig socks equate to killing cops. You'll have to connect the dots for me. I recall there being incidents around that time of cops being killed, right after some high profile police killings. I don't think it had anything to do with socks. It was life being cheapened, which is why police (government) killings are such a big deal.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Who is Zach Wilson?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

former byu qb, currently ny jets qb

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Ah, thanks, so I still don't care. I do miss being able to flip on the television and have sports news playing in the background. I wind up going other directions now that I have to think about my background noise.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just crank the Rammstein

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, that's not really hard to figure out. Teams don't want to deal with media circuses, Tebow got shown the door pretty quickly because he a) wasn't that good and b) he brought a ridiculous amount of attention with him

warhammer likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You can't use Dan Snyder's decisions for much

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

fair point

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Boy, crazy Hatwrks Nashville lady is having a bad time due to this one

[​IMG]

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did she do that? Does she really not know any better? Really?

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She had a huge Trump banner in the front of her store for a long time. I'm not sure why one would have a political banner prominently displayed at their business, but it's right in her wheelhouse to think think sort of item is worth advertising.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As she should