POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

How so? What does this even mean? Who isn't getting off on what they do? It seems like a meaningless phrase to apply to people one doesn't agree with. You know, along with "they get off on force" or some such.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He's just another guy saying what he needs to get in a position to peddle influence.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's a hell of a long con. would have been a lot easier kissing ass all these decades.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Long? He's been successful at it for decades.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, he is the king of Vermont, hellscape of America.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, apply it to him, too. I also think you are extrapolating things from him that aren't quite what he said or means. Regardless, the point still remains his ideas are the relevant part, not the attack on his lifestyle as a means to discredit the policies advanced.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Is Bernie Sanders rich?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

he's certainly doing very well. "Rich" seems to be an elastic term these days. he has millions, but not hundreds of millions.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes, but he isn't wealthy. And all of these policies he is promoting would hit him just has hard as any other millionaire.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't care.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It’s ok he deserves to be rich. He told us. All the other rich dudes, exploiting the working class. It’s not a rigged system that got Bernie rich, just the other guys.

justingroves and kmf600 like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think you are accurately portraying his views.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I’m not? They asked him specially about making the money and he said he deserved it because he wrote a best seller. This after decades of railing against a rigged system and flat out calling rich people greedy.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

he didn't call rich people greedy for being rich, though. there is a nuance that is either the cause of or correlated with thinking he's out against wealthy people.

The proof is in the pudding. his message hasn't changed, even as his own personal income has grown. It isn't hypocrisy if he's consistent. and he is.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[

It’s not hypocritical to talk about helping them poor and railing against the rich as greedy and unsympathetic and then the second you get rich you only donate 3 percent of your income to charity?

16. NorrisAlan

To be fair, is he a billionaire? He didn't say "rich", he said billionaires.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He’s said just the rich before. And so once you hit a billion it becomes greed?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

3 houses on the other hand you absolutely need

justingroves likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

The big lesson here is be careful not to become the monster you are fighting.

justingroves and kmf600 like this.
  20. cpninja

cpninja Member

The Right seems very angry that ol bernie is a class traitor