POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Volst53, NorrisAlan and TennTradition like this.
  2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Let me give this a shot.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The guy taking the photo is obviously the problem.

Probably a gang rapist.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This isn't an actual quote, right? Screenshot_20190718-085915_Facebook.jpg

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Figures. Can't trust anything you see anymore

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

she's really not as out there as she is being portrayed to be, but I guess that is subjective. kind of like how Obama wanted to take all the guns and operation jade helm.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I never trust memes. They have become the lowest, most unreliable form of info and political arguments available. I find Butch Jones' chart more reliable than memes.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Honestly didn't realize it was a meme, probably shows how old I am

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Somehow I haven’t seen this in my feed yet. I’m actually disappointed in my crazies.

kmf600 likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, so is the conservative position now in SUPPORT of Title IX? The way that is written is confusing, because I thought that was not something most conservatives liked.

14. Ssmiff

I dont believe anyone had a problem with title IX until mens sports were cancelled, iirc, which wasnt cool to most logical folk.
    Also illogical to let a dude who considers himself a woman to compete against girls and take spots away.
    Common sense, as is happening already, will soon be a pasttime.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

In your own words, summarize what Title IX is.

16. Ssmiff

A 50 year old antidiscrimination law that ended up ending many male athletes' dreams of being a college athlete.
    Cant fathom having a son wrestle and put in that work for 10 years to have it pulled out from under him in the guise of equalization.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right. But the link you just shared is a conservative article that is now championing Title IX as-is:

“People need to wake up. This radical bill is going to totally eliminate women’s and girls sports,” Republican Arizona Rep. Debbie Lesko warned in an op-ed Thursday.
    Republican Missouri Rep. Vicky Hartzler and a half-dozen other House Republicans held a press conference Thursday in opposition to what Hartzler dubbed the “Inequality Act.”
    “Congress enacted Title IX to provide equal opportunities for women in education and sports. All this is erased under H.R. 5,” Hartzler said at the press conference.

18. Ssmiff

I dont care who published the article and defining title IX isnt the point.
    The point is dems unanimously voted to alllow a person with frank and beans to compete in girls only events. Ridiculous, but nothing is a surprise right now.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I haven’t read the act - but is this just one part of a much broader bill? Seems likely.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator