POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If only we’d had a third term of Obama. We were almost there. Just barely missed the entire nation being able to stay home from work and not have any problems.

MWR likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

We do not have a resilient society. That's always been what the debate was about: does it matter?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not mine, I have four rolls left!

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Saw a humorous mashup of CNN calling it the Wuhan virus around 20,000 times and then accusing Trump of being xenophobic for doing the same.

MWR and justingroves like this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

their current headline includes "Trump denies responsibility for testing issues."
    Out of all the things he and others spoke about today, that's the headline they choose. Pathetic network and pathetic people who roll with them.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

While “no, I don’t take any responsibility at all” was quite the incredible answer, it’s expected.

And yes, CNN has now joined Fox News as trash. They had their biases but were watchable up until 2016. That ended quickly.

But the good news was I was so tired of it, I was finally inspired to just ditch cable and that has been great.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you have trouble finding some, try a hardware store.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Everything was fine until Rudy Gobert got sick. If I ever see his ass.....

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

NorrisAlan, IP and Unimane like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Blame France since IP says we can't blame China

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you are not familiar, you should read up on the 1918 flu or the rise of syphilis. Both also were constantly blamed on specific places, similar to how now China blames the US and many Americans blame China.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If only we had made advances in science and communication in the last Century.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Syphilis is Africa’s fault and Spanish flu is obviously Spain’s fault or they wouldn’t have named it that.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, although I know you are kidding. The story of the Spanish Flu is quite interesting and the book on it by John Barry is fantastic. The funny story is that it became called the Spanish Flu because Spain, as a neutral in WWI, did not have censor to limit the information on the pandemic and people began to associate it with them. In reality, the source of the virus isn't 100% known, though Barry thought it was Kansas and others have hypothesized China or someplace in Europe. I still find it fascinating that I've taught history for nearly 15 years and have yet to find a history textbook which makes more than a passing reference to the pandemic which killed, possibly 65 to 100 million people.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

About a quarter of the human race alive at that time were infected.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Advances in technology include some that increase the interconnectivity and logistical speed, thus actually enhancing these kinds of threats.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, the appropriate response is from you to me is "haha, [uck fay] you". You're not very good at cutting up

MWR and Tenacious D like this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

MWR likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We’ve conditioned him to take everything seriously, out of necessity.

MWR likes this.