POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Marginal 70% above 10 million?

2. TennTradition

Golden:

“I’m proud to be an American” I bet no one passes this on because they are scared to be called a racist.​

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Awww, these people are so persecuted.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You need new friends

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The white chick there, not ACO, said the reason the Hispanic and African American unemployment rate is so low is because "we're locking them up".

I feel like I'm listening to a Dave Chappelle skit

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They are the same mold as Trump: just ignorant and full of wrong ideas. Some of them at least have youth as a somewhat of an excuse/reason.

7. TennTradition

Just folks from the home town man (this one....others have mostly been a few family or in laws).

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Every time I watch something like that, I remember why I don't watch them.

kmf600 likes this.
  9. TennTradition

Oh, yeah:

It should have been our Government fighting the leader of the last Administration. If they would have we wouldn’t be in this mess. All because we weren’t allowed to be against an African Muslim. We had to be tolerant. Remember? Those who preached tolerance were the farthest from it.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not Facebook, but in the realm of political idiocy. Did you see where journalist Clarence Hill quoted a tweet about the Dolphins hiring Brian Flores as their head coach? Complained that the NFL is shutting out black coaches.

Brian Flores is black.

justingroves likes this.
  11. TennTradition

Ouch.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He did at least own it.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m pretty pissed that Brian Flores culturally appropriated a white person name. Shame.

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Cultural appropriation is one of the dumbest ideas ever fostered.

justingroves and tvolsfan like this.
  15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Reminds me of the "We oppose <insert nominee name here> for SCOTUS..." email. Dude probably already had a story written up and as soon as a name came across the ticker, he copy pasta'd it in and fired it off.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Running out of things to be angry about, I guess.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It works when it's about someone like Vanilla Ice, but, like anything, people tend to get a little loose with the concept.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, there as a template for opposition and he didn't change that line. It looks awful, but I can see how it could happen without it actually being as awful as it looks.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it only works when the person is literally trying to claim the identity. Just adopting a fashion or cultural way of doing things while readily admitting you are an adopter should not be a problem.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So this weekend, I started seeing ads pop up for New Balance 1080s on my Facebook feed. I tried on a pair at Fleet Feet last weekend, but I left my phone in the car when I did. I kind of liked them way they felt and looked them up on the work computer this past week, but I never used the phone I never mentioned any of this to anyone until this yesterday when I mentioned to my wife about trying them on and that the store here in town where we were shopping had an older version for a good price but none in my size. It's not uncommon for me to see running shoe ads on my feed. I research them a lot from time to time, but rarely New Balance not since last spring. Yesterday evening every third ad seemed to be for New Balance 1080s.

IP likes this.