POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Has anyone seen what drugs they were allegedly running? Not that it makes it worth it if it’s heroin or cocaine or whatever but it damn sure isn’t if it’s marijuana.

I mean, I don’t like drugs and they can ruin people’s lives, but we really need to reconsider busting into people’s apartments and getting people shot over them.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What’s this about a body in a rental car that she rented for the boyfriend to drive.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And what is my method, neutralize the threat?

What is your method, just shoot blindly?

4. fl0at_

Only one person was charged, and it was basically recklessness. A person who committed no crimes, and wasn't in a gunfight was killed, and one person was charged for what amounts to being reckless.

How is that too high of a bar to get a conviction on?

5. fl0at_

Grand jury charged. His point is ... completely incorrect in every facet. If that's a "good point," then, what's a bad one?

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dark and im being shot at? Yeah im lighting the place up.
    Again, shouldnt be doing it in first place but when fired upon, there arent rules.

7. fl0at_

There are rules. And if you are shot at, as a civilian, and just light a place up, and hit a person not involved, you're going to be charged. You.

But you're saying that cops shouldn't. You're arguing for a special class of citizen in the United States, one that has different laws and rules than you.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. fl0at_

It's also somehow amazing that the other guy was shooting in the dark, fired one round, and still managed to hit his target. But the three supposedly trained people "oh my god, they had so much trouble."

There are certain types of people that shouldn't have guns, and shouldn't use them while entering people's homes. These are three examples. Smiff, you are a fourth one.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, there are.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I literally have not seen that said anywhere. Not on Facebook, not on Twitter, not in direct conversation, not in articles. Literally no where. This is the first time I’ve even heard that mentioned.

I can’t point out misinformation I don’t see.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Okay, I'm wrong.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's kind of amazing. You must be the dumbest of your friends. Which actually makes sense, now that I think about it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

You said it was "the" problem, Indy. But can you answer that riddle? If there are charges for the rounds that did not hit an innocent human being, why is there not charges for the rounds that did? How does that make any sense?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Take a few minutes to peruse the menagerie housed on this website. No matter your definition of a bad one, you'll find it here.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m the dumbest of my friends because I haven’t seen any mention of Taylor’s boyfriend being the one that shot her?

Help me understand how you make that connection, oh wise one.

16. fl0at_

It's not right vs wrong. In other situations droski may have a point, but, just because a jury might convict on jaywalking, but not manslaughter, doesn't mean the charges should be reduced to jaywalking (obvious extreme point).

I think charge based on the incident, not on the conviction. But its irrelevant, when people defend cops for pretty much everything, because people are jurors, and convicting a cop of anything is tough when people automatically defend.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, you are the benchmark. I've seen your work. You are saying you have never encountered anyone saying a claim about Taylor's boyfriend killing her. So they aren't that kind of dumb, as to blame victims for for what happens to them. This makes them smarter than you. You have no problem telling people upset about a guy getting shot in the back that he was only shot "4" times, not 7, and maybe they thought he had a knife.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My searching through Twitter and articles certainly isn’t limited to just my friends. And which victim have I blamed for what happened to them? Certainly not Breonna Taylor.

If people are upset and legitimately interested in promoting change, they should do their best to maintain their credibility. People don’t listen to people who lack credibility. A good way to lose credibility is to lie or perpetuate incorrect information. If you are lying or perpetuating incorrect information, I (like many) don’t trust you. It makes it seem that you’re more interested in creating false outrage, so the change you’re supposedly legitimately interested in promoting falls on deaf ears.

And then there are those who take you for your word and become outraged. What percentage of protesters/rioters think BT was asleep in bed when she was shot? How many protesters/rioters think the police just busted in without announcing themselves and started shooting? Is there a chance that some of these protesters/rioters might not be protesting/rioting if they knew some of these details, like the fact that the boyfriend shot a police officer first? Does that potentially lead to less criminal activity and less injury?

I’m interested in the facts. So when I see people lying or perpetuating incorrect information, I’m going to point it out, regardless of what side it comes from.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

+1 for the Rodeo Cheeseburger

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I'm saying it is an amazing coincidence that Mr. "the facts" seems to just miss out on a huge realm of the fake information. Weird!