My man! Gary Johnson announces presidential bid

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We see it different as in you think that other's shouldn't be allowed to set values.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a horseshit way to put it. I'm saying money isn't the only way to determine value. Money is influenced by culture and is wrong in it's evaluation s all the time. Do you really think tulips were ever actually more valuable than anything on Earth? It's a system of absurdities

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They're valuable if people value them. There's no better system to do it

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You might be saying that now. That isn't what you said.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Still wrong because a shirt isn't just a shirt. It can have different levels of quality for a number of reasons.

That or he's really going to be shitting on the arts and a whole lot of other stuff that enhances civilization.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I said the word value, and meant the word value. There are several definitions and contexts of the word. Others began breaking out the traditional economic meaning. That IS what I was saying. I'm noticing that you seem to think you have psychic powers.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I shit on the arts daily.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No need for them if we're going to assert value on practical reasons.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did I stutter?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That might be what you intended to say. It isn't what you said.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Evidently.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

exactly. Let's let esoteric academia provide us with some stupid ass practicality metric, so we can all understand value. Thank goodness that load of royal douchebags is always right. Wonder why there aren't more of them creating value for the rest of us who don't understand it?

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Let the central government decide.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

What's the difference?

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Not arbitrarily, first you need a study. Then the findings of the study be recommended to sub panel. The sub panel would then order a study of the findings of the original study and then make a recommendation to a sub committee. The sub committee would then order a study of the original and secondary study and then recommend their findings to the committee. The committee would then send their recommendation based on the three studies and the appropriations committee would then decide not to fund the project. The appropriations committee would then order a new study of the previous findings.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just cutting line past utopia.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Esoteric academia? My studies are in the physical sciences. Academia has nothing to do with it. You're invoking it as a lame default "slam" towards differing views.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think you don't know the difference between value and worth, or at least that's what I'm hoping

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think both words have different meanings in different connotations, and folks here have an interest in distorting and twisting what is said when there is disagreement.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You mean like say anyone voting republican is voting for an Amish to fix his computer?