My Preseason Top 25 Is Up Over At...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Nov 1, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

www.tonybasilio.com.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Hey Hat - Looked at website. Obviously blind. Where is it?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Have to scroll through Tony's Blog for a bit. Good read

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Thanks Lyle. Found it.

5. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Anderson was cleared yesterday so that's one hurdle UCLA has cleared; feel like Duke and UNC might be a little high. I'm with you on skepticism of NC St.

I'm excited/hopeful St Joe's has a great year; Martelli is great! With additions of VCU, Butler and Hurleys and RI the A-10 might be my favorite league. If Dan and Bobby do as good of a job as they did at Wagner Dan will move on to Seton Hall or Rutgers depending on which one opens up first.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

...you think 14 for Duke is high?

7. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Yes. Not sure they are one of the best 14 teams this year. Coach K is too good of a coach to allow the scenario to happen but they could easily finish 4th in the ACC.

That being said I don't think the ACC is great this year so they could just as easily finish first... same goes for Carolina.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree cal will be competitive, but I don't see a top 25 or tourney team (maybe they can sneek in on the bubble). People talk about Crabbe and Cobb as future NBA players, but I just don't see it. Both of them have serious problems making their own shot. Crabbe in particular a) sucks in the clutch and big games and b) can't take anyone off the dribble. Hopefully he can make the leap you are seeing.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

How long does everyone think it will be before Maymon is 100%?

10. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Can someone post the Top 25 here?

11. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

I think UT will be ok without Maymon early in the season, but absolutely need him when conference play begins. He is extremely important to this team if we are to be a lock for the tournament. He is a warrior who brings it every game.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

4th? They're easily better than last year; with a true PG (Cook) handling the ball instead of Rivers and with the team playing through its big men more than they have been, I think they're a definite Sweet 16 team. I guess we'll see though

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Nice work as usual Hat

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Hat who do you like in the OVC Murray or Belmont?

15. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I don't think they are athletic enough to guard the better teams in the country. Cook stills has a lot to prove and the backcourt is thin and frontcourt is not very athletic; Coach K will find a way though I'm sure.

16. hatvol96

Sorry I missed this request earlier. Here you go:

Louisville
    Ohio State
    Kansas
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Syracuse
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    North Carolina
    UNLV
    San Diego State
    NC State
    UCLA
    Duke
    Tennessee
    Florida
    Memphis
    Arizona
    Missouri
    Baylor
    Creighton
    California
    Saint Joseph's
    Colorado State
    Stanford

17. hatvol96

Coin flip. I'll take Murray because of the familiarity factor. Belmont will take a little time to adjust to a step up in class.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Like TN at 15 there.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd take Murray simply because if Canaan right now.

20. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I know this is a TN board but #15? What makes you justify that placement?