My VN visit

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

nice new avy as well, KB.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I think she's a keeper.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Wow, this is the first time I've been to the football forum in a while. It's hard to keep the vitriol down.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Dooley shit on it in the eleventh hour. Hart wanted him and Shannon wanted to be here. The money was also there, but Dooley shut it down.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I recall hearing this one...

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Something about not wanting to hire his successor I think.

7. TennTradition

Well, if he could coach he wouldn't have to worry about that.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He now has Kirby Smart's buddy and his favorite GA on staff. Whoops

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

when it comes from justin, you can consider it the word.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

We all converged over there at once. That was like a thing of beauty.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sab worked at HHgregg in Gallatin or something. He wasn't having sit downs with Lance Thompson. His info came from subscription websites, which he perused like it was his job, and also via twitter and Facebook. He kinda had a knack for summarizing all that info and putting it on VN. A good bit of the stuff was just Volquest paraphrasing, but he liked to add some mystery with a little "I'm hearing...".

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

From what I heard (via a friend in the AD) there was interest but at the time it was reported to be a done deal it definitely was not (I guess that's obvious in retrospect). Anyway, Randy and UT had some mutual interest and an over zealous blogger jumped the gun to be the first to get the scoop.

13. TennTradition

Completely agree - but I thought one of you guys (Justin, maybe) suggested that he was getting some info that was from Thompson, but that may have been through conversations with Larry. By all means, I didn't mean to suggest he has an "in" with any of the coaching staff.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and he made a couple of graphics for some recruits and therefore they allowed him to become their facebook friends. He actually once posted his facebook conversation with a recruit before he was flamed repeatably and took it down.

Sabanocchio: Yeah, this place is filled with douche knowitalls like yourself and it brings down the forum.

15. TennTradition

Was that the blogger at 98 or where? It seemed like the VolDoc (was that his name?) guy from VN posted his stuff from his friend who was the booster before the guy at fl98 wrote his stuff. The guy at VN continued to back what he was saying - I felt bad for him in some ways when it was all said and done. I believe he was being told this by a booster and I believe the booster believed it.....that always spells out a situation where egg is left on the face.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

from the old site too justin's point:

"I honestly think he may grow into a DE. I just don't see enough from his film to show that he could be more than a blitzer off the edge as a LB. His film reminds me too much of Chris Donald. He looks kind of stiff in the hips and he just bowls people over. He isn't fluid. He's not a form tackler. He's not fast-twitch. He seems to get by because he completely dominates the opposition from an athletic standpoint. That won't cut it when everyone is as athletic as you are. But what do I know?"

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

more fun:

"Shirley is two inches taller and faster than Luc. He is fast-twitch and shows more fluidity. I was really impressed with his performance at the USC camp. I think he would be better as a MLB in the Tampa 2. Purely an opinion.

Are you unaware of what the term means? Do I have to explain it to you?

It's a recruiting term used in evaluation to identify a player that has an above-average development of the fast twitch muscles in his body. Signs of this development is an above-average initial burst of movement. Fast twitch has nothing to do with strength. It has to do with explosiveness. The long jump is the best indicator of whether a player is or isn't "fast twitch" as it requires the most amount of movement from a stopped position. It's a term that Coach Orgeron uses to describe a defensive lineman that has a burst off the line. It's a trait that he prefers in his defensive linemen.

This has little to do with the future development of the fast twitch muscles in the body. It refers to the natural characteristics of the athlete. You are fast twitch or you are not."

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He spent a lot of time kissing Eric's ass, who knows LWS. So he was getting around 8th hand info there too.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There was quite a bit of interest from both sides in the beginning. If Dooley were on stable ground, I believe he would be the DC today.

20. "I'm hearing the deal is all but closed, but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen" - every bit of LWS inside info.