My Vote for President

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Oct 1, 2012.

?

Tenny D' s Presidential Vote

Poll closed Oct 31, 2012.
  1. Vote for President Obama

9.5%
  2. Vote for Romney

42.9%
  3. Vote AGAINST Romney

9.5%
  4. Vote AGAINST President Obama

9.5%
  5. It makes no difference, you should not bother voting

28.6%
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm undecided, but have narrowed my choices between President Obama and Mitt Romney (no 3rd party / write-in candidates will be further considered).

Who should I vote for, and why?

or

Who should I vote against, and why?

or

Convince me that I should vote at all, by citing one tangible way in which my life will be significantly impacted in the next four years, regardless as to who ultimately wins?

2. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

A vote for Mit is a vote against Obama.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Tennessee is not a swing state, and there is no indication that this is going to change this election. Nobody cares about the "process" they only care about the "results." And the outcome is not going to change by your vote, one way or another, in this state, this election.

So you are wasting your time.

If you want to make a real impact, move to Ohio.

4. Tenacious D

But the popular vote has some significance, albeit unofficially.

The last thing I would want is for the winner to claim that they had a "mandate" for simply topping 270 electoral votes.

So, just pretend that my vote would affect the electoral college, and give me your advice.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If the popular vote had some significance, Al Gore would have been nominated in the place of John Kerry.

If your vote affected the electoral college, I would say vote for Romney. There is only one reason I would say that, and that is because I think there is one more Supreme Court justice spot to be filled in the next 4 years, and the last two appointments have been rather liberal in ideology.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Where's the 3rd party option? You'll want to take no responsibility for whichever ass hat gets elected.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Interesting thought. I agree with that.

I think Romney understands the economy a lot better than Obama wants to. I see his approach being toward business and its growth which is where UE will fall, not the public sector jobs.

8. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Vote against Obama with a vote for Romney. Obama is a tool, a front guy for the European cesspool, which would like nothing better than for the US to get knocked off its perch and would use China and Islamic nations to make it happen. The deficit will cause another larger meltdown that will devalue the dollar by over 50% if it continues for 4 more years as Bernanke plans to do. They either let inflation loose or actually change the currency standard in an attempt to repair the damage. Really bad medicine for the middle and lower class - who apparently are too stupid to realize they are voting for their own future poverty when they vote for Obama. As long as the corporate world can build it cheaper over seas they will, and the capital will be used accordingly. So more of the same on the jobs front while consumer buying power gets killed. Ugly.

Romney is boring with minimal compassion for the common man. But his platform points are more on point with what is needed to avoid the collapse. He may be a bridge candidate until one side or the other develops a real president with some intellectual and political horsepower.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote against the system!

Won't do much good, but it sounds nice

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is my line of thinking. Otherwise, it's six of one or a half-dozen of the other.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Vote for the loser so you can be smug when shit continues to roll down hill

12. Tenacious D

Perfectly stated.

And, that it always continues to roll down hill, and despite whatever changes in leadership occur, or in whatever direction, is most telling, no?

13. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I think I have finally decided why I'm voting for Romney......I think he would force an actual budget, and I don't think he will end fiscal years with trillion dollar deficits. I understand that it isn't much, but it is a start.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I will vote for Republicans so long as they are the pro-life party. Also, while in practice they are gutless, they don't wholeheartedly embrace John Meynard Keynes like the rest of the "intelligentsia" in this country. The idea that we can stimulate the economy by kicking the can down the road is so freaking silly. Not much else that I like about them. But since these are my top two issues, gotta keep giving the man my vote.

What I don't like about Republicans: anti-immigration, anti-gun control, anti-environment, and failure to admit that government plays a role and that there is some point when raising taxes makes sense for the country.

But my main beef with Republicans is their gutlessness in implementing the fiscal reforms that they know ar eneeded.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting, A-Smith. We have some key differences of opinion, but are both equally alienated.

16. Tenacious D

I call this, "America: For as Long as We Can Recall, and for the Forseeable Future."

Neither President Obama nor Mitt Romney knows one damn thing about the average American, and the challenges we face. And even if known, neither would care enough to work to correct it. If, by some miracle, either suddenly cared enough to attempt to correct it, neither would be competent enough to do so.

To say that one better understands or is more "in-tune" to the American people is akin to saying that Neptune is sometimes closer to Luttrell than at other times.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Tenn D and Lawgator. Both undecided. . .

18. Tenacious D

Who in the hell is LawGator?

He's obviously a damned genius, whoever he is.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tenny D isn't really "undecided." He knows where he stands on issues he finds the most important. He just knows no popular candidate is really capable of delivering on those issues.

Lawgator was trying to increase his own credibility by portraying himself to be a neutral and honest voice. Tenny D is pointing out the lack of credibility in the candidates. Big difference.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher