Mykelle McDaniel interview:

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Nov 25, 2018.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Not surprised by this in the least.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not sure when I hear about medical stuff. Torn meniscus doesnt heal itself and team doctors make calls on medical issues and clearance.

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I don't need more of this today.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Can we please finally put Jones behind us and stop bringing up stuff like this? We all know what he was about here and it’s now a full season removed. I don’t want to be constantly reminded that he even occupied space here...

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Considering people want to piss and moan about Pruitt's year like he had a stacked deck and it was as simple as better X's and O's, it's nice to be reminded of exactly the [uck fay]ed up situation he inherited.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He lost to Vanderbilt. He failed.

It's really hard to recover from a loss to Vanderbilt

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Of course. No coach worth his salt loses a game against a team with equal talent in his first year after taking over for a complete [uck fay] up and goes on to do anything worthwhile.

RockyHill likes this.
  8. Savage Orange

I hear you lyls, but the way we looked in those last two losses did nothing to engender confidence that Pruitt is who we all hoped (and thought) he was going to be. He may well be the second coming of General Neyland, we don’t know yet but losing to Vanderbilt in any guise is bullshit. He’s had all season to get these guys up and in shape to win games line this and he didn’t do it against Mizzou (understandable to lose, not understandable to get housed on senior day in your own stadium) and he damn sure didn’t do it yesterday with a bowl bid on the line. All I’m saying is that as much as I believed in him to begin with, so far he has only shown a glimmer of hope that he’s anything other than a slight upgrade from his predecessor.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And my portion of the four million annual reasons he has to prove me wrong is all the thanks I owe him.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

In shape to win games in nine months? This group of losers, minus a few, that were recruited by the king loser?

No, you definitely don't hear me.

TangoUniform likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

I dont know why people are shocked at losing to a favored team that is better on both lines and at QB while also having a cohesive staff for a few years. They may have 3 or 4 nfl draft picks this year to our zero as well. All the while we have a hater west coast OC with 8 plays, players that dont want to be there, and a small and overmatched OL trying to protect the on the field slowest and dumbest qb ive seen wear orange.

TangoUniform likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

And I wouldnt be surprised if pruitt played the malcontents just to let them finish on the field and gtfo. They have been thru it. Year was toast.
    Is it possible Pruitt just wanted this year to end? Why practice 13 more times with quitters. End it. Now recruit, lift and make sure true team leaders are basically getting their groups and practicing without coaches. Hes human. Had to cross his mind imo. Does that make him a quitter too if so? Or is it smart to cut and move on now.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We didn’t lose the last two games because of big picture shit.

We lost because of poor execution and getting our ass handed to us.

The defense improved quite a bit but the offense was horrible with no rhyme or reason.

hohenfelsvol, A-Smith and NYY like this.
  14. Savage Orange

These losers were good enough to beat Auburn and look like they were actually coming together against Kentucky... then everything went straight to shit. Why? Why couldn’t they build on the momentum and confidence that ought to come with beating ranked opponents? If it’s strictly “because Lyle” then I’ll be the first to admit my error next year when Pruitt is beating Florida, Mississippi State and the usual November suspects on the way to 8 wins and a NYD bowl game berth but after the past two weeks I just can’t shake this feeling that Pruitt is going to be yet another disappointment in a long string of other disappointments...

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

All on Pruitt am I right? Should have just plugged in all the guys behind the starters on the depth chart that care and gave the team a chance to win. Of which there may have been 2 on the entire team.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Because he's a shit coach is why. The entire tenure of a man is determined by his first year.

17. Savage Orange

This is the only logical scenario that still would permit me to retain any confidence that Pruitt is the guy I thought he’d be at the beginning of the season.

18. Ssmiff

People have mentioned he looked apathetic, which is why I mentioned it.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I like that it has to be guaranteed that Pruitt must win 8 games next year.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. Savage Orange

He doesn’t have to be a “shit coach”. He can still become what we want and demand he be but a really good coach ought to at least have a team looking like they actually want to be on the field by this point. If he’s just “aight” then that’s still better than before but it isn’t going to play long term. 7-8 wins a season will be improvement next year and maybe the year after but after that he’s straight outta excuses. Again, if I’m wrong or overreacting to what I’ve seen the past two games you know i’ll Man up and admit it.