Mykelle McDaniel interview:

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Nov 25, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wish you could still sign 30 guys

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I went back to check. That class had 32, and 22 four/five stars. Just absurd.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Only 5 or 6 never contributed too. Not only was it a great class on paper, there weren't any major busts

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same. Ole Miss did pretty much the same thing one year to flip a roster. Wish we still had that flexibility.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And those guys probably had some "medical problems".

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Butch

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Taylor in coverage multiple times was insane. That was like Chavis thinking he could beat Spurrier with Tyrone Hines chasing Reidel Anthony.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The staff choked? Didn’t we have 6+ turnovers? Coaching can only help that so much.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

This game had nothing to do with talent

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Saban already had a NC on his resume.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This is extremely believable. Butch was a piece of garbage that constantly rode the medical staff to get guys back early.

justingroves likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Butch is garbage but in regards to medical, its been taken out of college coaches hands. They are told if a player is cleared or not. I would think we would be hearing from more than 1 player over a 4 year span in regards to this. You threaten to pull a scholly due to players out due to surgery or injury, a lawsuit awaits.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We heard stories about him punching and choking players, too. We had the issue with Brett Kendrick’s concussion last year. I think the head coach at UT has more pull than you believe.

This guy could threaten a lawsuit, but unless he could prove Butch said that, he’s got nothing.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We all do. Or at least you better. We can't afford another 4 year spell and coaching search with a Haslam brother drawing breath.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think you'll ever get him to admit it, but he's probably glad to get the shit show over and start working towards what he wants to do.

RockyHill, Tenacious D and Ssmiff like this.
  17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Agreed.

You can say as much and not be saying fire Pruitt or Atl or bust next year.

zehr27 likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shamburger returning kicks shouldn't happen. It did, he fumbled after stupidly trying to return a kick two yards deep in the endzone.

Slow developing pass plays with guys that can't bench 350 lbs on the oline

No actual gameplan on the offensive side of the ball during that game, yeah that's on the staff.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This isn’t a “look, Pruitt is going to be as good as Saban” post. This isn’t VN.

I’m just saying that good coaches have really bad moments in year one. I’m not sure that Pruitt is a good coach, but I don’t think that losing to Vandy in year one is going to be some obstacle that he can’t recover from. If he’s good, he’ll recover fine. If he’s not good, he won’t. This week was a data point in the “not good” column, but it wasn’t overwhelming or incontrovertible evidence.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's easier to handle the bad moments when you've got hardware on the shelf, though.

chavisut likes this.