Nate Oats at Alabama

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by A-Smith, Feb 3, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This sucks.

Kill me.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, Danny White hired Oats at Buffalo if that makes you feel better

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He's got to be at the top of the list next time a blue blood program opens up. Hope it's not Kentucky.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

UNC is open. : )

IP likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Didn’t see that coming

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that's wild.

7. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

I’d be very surprised if Hubert Davis isn’t named as his replacement. Seems like they’ve been grooming him for the position for a few years.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have to wonder if they are going to hire a guy with no head coaching experience in Davis. That's a primo job and no doubt will have their suitors.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't see UNC going outside the family. Will also be surprised if it's not Davis.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did not realize Few and Roy are close friends. That is a changer for me.

Might he leave for UNC?

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Few is a dude who likes to be more casual, less high profile in how he runs his program. That's not the Carolina job. I would be surprised.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Nah he ain't leaving low pressure Gonzaga and his fly fishing and nature walks for chapel hill and talk of firing him in 2 years if he's not back on top.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fly fishing is pretty nice.

justingroves likes this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Have you done it?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, it got to the point that I just left all the stuff in my car when I lived in Colorado because I'd do it all the time.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

But if you are going to ask me for tips, I wasn't particularly gifted at it. If the fish want to bite, they'll bite. Try to pick your flies to match what you are swatting at. It ain't the cast distance, it's the tease. That's all I got.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I tried it once but after spending several hours trying to catch flies I gave up

A-Smith likes this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No, I've just thought about getting into it recently. There's a place about an hour from me that gives lessons. I've never done much fishing period though so not sure if I'm ready for that level of difficulty. I like the places where you fly fish more than anything.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not that difficult unless you are try-harding at it. Take the lessons, if it is as relaxing to you as it is to me and Coach Few, it doesn't matter if it is difficult.

For me, the difference between fly fishing and rod and reel fishing, is that I still have a good time even when I don't catch much.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've got half a mind to get a license and try fly fishing for these snakehead. That could get interesting.