Navy Seals In South Korean Exercise

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They're participating in an exercise. Not sure if this is normal or not. Can't fathom that Jong Un hasn't accounted for the ol' "if they kill me, launch the birds" scenario, but I think it's safe to say that he has.

Trump needs tremendous wisdom here, and to know when - and who - to lean heavily on, or who to abandon their advice completely, when, and entirely.

Time will tell, as it always does.

Link: http://m.yna.co.kr/mob2/en/contents_en.jsp?cid=AEN20170313009400315&site=0200000000&mobile

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Interesting.

Thanks for posting.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope they are deployed cunningly. We have drones and cruise missiles that are happily disposable.

I wonder if they're looking to simultaneously secure targets so as to limit the ability for retaliation.

4. Tenacious D

I can't even fathom the complexity, precision and flawless execution that an initial attack on NK requires....and which doesn't have birds in the air.

I don't think it's accident that we just moved the missile shields into South Korea.

Maybe purely a bluff, maybe legit prep.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm guessing both.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was thinking earlier that perhaps capturing Kim is seen as critical to ending the conflict quickly. He's supposed to be their god. I wonder what seeing him begging on his knees in a cell would do.

7. Tenacious D

I'd love to see it....but I honestly cannot fathom how it could be possible, at least without a tremendous assist from numerous people around him. Get near enough for a shot? No problem. Stop a ready-made order to launch if he is shot? I just don't know how you'd do it.

8. MWR

MWR Contributor

At times I know it's a good thing I'm not in charge. The older I get and the more I see the extent of evil in some people, the less patience I have with them. At times I think the world would be better off if N. Korea was reduced to melted rock and never be inhabited again. All you need is a way to get the innocent people removed first.