NBA / Cuban Aim to Stop "One and Done" Players - KY fans are breathless

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Apr 5, 2012.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

You know it happens.

I won't even waste my time debating it.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Not really. A couple of more years in college would have simply made it even more obvious what his dropping out of school told the NBA teams who did their homework. He's a lazy, undisciplined dog.

3. GahLee

You think Derek Rose tried his best while at Memphis? You really believe that?

4. hatvol96

Why not? You've wasted a great deal of time in this thread acting as if you have some grand insight into the inner workings of major college baksetball when it's apparent you haven't even the most rudimentary grasp of the subject matter.

5. hatvol96

He showed up and passed the requisite hours both semesters. What evidence do have that he didn't put forth effort in the classroom?

6. GahLee

Then the college game would probably be better off having him three years cause he's better than most, while the NBA would be better off by seeing him for what he is.

Pretty much all I'm saying, both would benefit in my opinion and the kid gets some sort of education and has to be at least a little more inclined to finish school than if he still had three years to go.

7. GahLee

Was there not a question of whether or not he actually took his own ACT/SAT?

8. hatvol96

Positives for who? Good ol' State U who can get a couple more years of free labor out of their stars? Fat Cat Coaches who get to add more digits to their paychecks on the backs of unpaid players? Lardass alumni who get to see the players two extra years without paying NBA prices?

9. hatvol96

Which, if true, would indicate he must have really worked in the classroom to complete the required collegiate coursework. Not sure how that helps your point.

10. GahLee

I've never pretended to have great insight into anything.

I made some very simple observations. All of which I will stand by, no matter who many times you say "utter nonsense".

Three things. All simple. College improves, NBA improves, kid gets more of an education.

11. hatvol96

The college game and the NBA benefit, while the kid gets screwed. Yeah, I like that system.

12. hatvol96

Hold on. You said all of these schools are overrun with professors gving guys grades. Thus, all the kid does under your scenario is get handed three years worth of grades instead of one. That's great education.

13. GahLee

The game of college basketball and the NBA. Overall the game itself.

Sure the people you mentioned as well, which is going to naturally be part of that. I'm focusing on the game and your focusing on that poor kids who will have to suffer for two more years of free education at the highest level beofre making his millions of dollars for playing a game.

14. GahLee

Who says he did any of that work in the classroom or even showed up for class?

15. hatvol96

How does a college benefit by having students who are only on their campus because of an NBA mandate? Yeah, that's a true collegiate ideal. "You don't give a damn about being here and we only want you to sell out our arenas in order to make money off your sweat."

16. GahLee

As you seen with your great example of Fab Melo, that shit can't go on forever, let's not pretend freshmen year is as hard and demanding as a junior year.

17. GahLee

And I never said all, I just said that it happens.

18. hatvol96

Two years of essentially forced servitude instead of making millions if they were allowed to ply their trade professionally. Yeah, great deal for the players. Can't imagine why they would not like that setup.

19. GahLee

20. hatvol96

His presence on the floor. If he didn't complete the requisite classwork, he's ineligible. If want to wander around living in some tin foil hat world where academicians are aiders and abbettors of fraud to benefit atheltic departments, have at it. The truth, as a number of folks on this board who have actually been around it, can tell you it works the other way around.