NBA Semifinals

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, May 28, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I concur. I actively dislike the Celtics.

2. kidbourbon

For me, it was the girls in their pink red sox hats. Everywhere. Every town. Ridiculous. That was the reason I started to dislike the red sox.

My dislike of the Celtics goes back to when I was a youngster and loved Magic and the Showtime Lakers. I hated the Celtics because I loved the Lakers, and even though I no longer like the Lakers, the dislike for the Celtics remains.

3. kidbourbon

I actually really like Bill Simmons when he isn't writing homer columns about Boston teams. His homer columns are tough to stomach.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Spurs over Heat.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

To hell with Miami. Go anyone from the West for the ship

6. kidbourbon

In how many?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd say 6, if I had to answer

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

On a side note, I dont see the Thunder ever winning anything of note with Westbrook running the show

9. NashVol11

6. The Spurs are playing too well right now. I actually think they're also more likely to beat the Thunder in 5 than get pushed to 7 there.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I like seeing the Spurs do well. One of the last teams that actually play team ball. Will probably be one of the last ever to do so with the way pro basketball is heading.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Spurs making the Thunder look like the Washington Generals tonight.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Like i said, Spurs.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good call. Spot on as usual.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yea, a dominating 9 point win that saw them miss 12 out of their last 15 shots and nearly blow a 22 point lead. I'd say they're unbeatable.

15. NashVol11

How did they "nearly blow" it? I don't think the lead was ever less than 7.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It got to 5 at one point. I like the Spurs and hope they win. Indy says they're going to completely annihilate both the Thunder and then the Heat, as in nearly sweeping both. That's what i was taking issue with.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They've won 20 straight. Point out all the other crap all you want. They've won 20 straight.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This one will go at least 6 and they'll have their hands full with Miami. They played a beaten up Clippers team, who wasn't that good anyway and handled them like they should have. And they beat a shitty Jazz team in the first round.

They might have won 100 straight coming into the playoffs. That's irrelevant.The NBA regular season is absolu ely nothing like the playoffs, so I don't even consider what they did at the end of the regular season. They're playing well, but they're absolutely not unbeatable, but it's going to take a team with some resemblance of a coach on the sidelines, something the Thunder doesn't have.

19. NashVol11

99-93 was the closest, and then they immediately stretched it back to 10. But regardless, I think it's somewhere in between; they take down the Thunder in 5 and the Heat in 6.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

What kills the Thunder is Russel Westbrook. They waste so many possessions with him doing stupid shit.