NBA Semifinals

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, May 28, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't watch a ton of NBA ball, but from what I do see, after the top 25-30 or so players, the next 250 or so players really are on the same plane of total raw talent. What differentiates them is having one specific skill or role that they do well and more importantly knowing that it is their job and they better excel at it.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

One game. My prediction is still in the realm of possibility.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you say so. I'd say the Spurs getting handled even once sort of tarnishes the "domination."

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They were gonna lose a game eventually. I didn't expect it to be in that fashion, but if they come back and win the next two, I'd say the term "domination" would still apply.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Domination as virginity theory?

7. kidbourbon

Indy thinks the Hymen is intact.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

She's hot and gone 20 years without being touched, and you are going to stay away from her just because she did the deed once? I know what KB is gonna do.

9. kidbourbon

Raw

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm not typically one to hate teams just because they're good. That said, I'm tired of Boston winning championships.

I'd be fine with the Heat, Spurs, and Thunder winning, though. I'd prefer to see LeBron get his first ring.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Dammit, jim. Anyone but the Heat

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

exactly.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is one of your most articulated and strong posts on this site.

That being said, we just watched them get whipped. Not whooped, but whipped all the same. Does that not seem to indicate they may need 6 games to win one of these last series, at least? I think so. And that isn't dominating.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Thanks. lol I put some thought into it for sure.

As far as the Spurs, i still stand by my 5 game prediction. If it doesn't happen, then so be it. That's why it's a prediction. I'd say a 5 game series win with one "whipping" in the middle can still be considered dominating.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the Spurs win this series in 5 and beat the Heat in 5, I will concede that they did "dominate" in some fashion.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I never said anything about beating the Heat in 5, although it very well could happen.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You said they would dominate both the Thunder and the Heat. Yes, you then tried to backpedal, but originally you said they were going to dominate both. A 6 game series isn't domination. Ergo...

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"Not so fast" say the Thunder

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, Indy? It was stupid to think the Spurs were going to dominate all the way to the title. Not just because it wasn't going to happen, but also because you were basing it off a short trend that would be unprecedented if it continued. It also ignored the opponents during the streak and upcoming.

It was stupid. You should be ashamed.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I am so ashamed, IP. I can hardly handle it. Where do I go from here?