Ncaa13

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Mar 11, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If folks who don't have it want to re-acquire NCAA 11, we could roll with that with updated rosters.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hilarious how they're still trying to pitch "precision passing" in new ways. "All on the left stick!"

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Here's my interpretation of what was said in the video. "We're going to throw in some new animations for the pre-game. Then sell the rest of the same shit to you!"

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is so true. And the sad part is that I could probably add a few to this.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bingo

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Gameplay improvements/regression will be announced tomorrow April 17th

7. WM

WM Active Member

New practice field? [uck fay] yes, I'm in now.

I liked IP's idea of 11 with updated rosters if it comes to that.
    I'm just curious how reliable the online dynasty servers are on a outdated game.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Do they still have online capabilities for 2011? I know the 2K drops the servers for older games in the MLB and NBA series

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

If they do nothing else but fix the DB interactions and their ability to warp though bodies to make a INT, then I would at lease give 13 a look. With that said, Im not convinced they will. EA's response to making Defense better in the game is to code shit like this.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Passing game was so broken at the end of 11 it was worse than 12 by far IMO. You didn't have trouble throwing for 400 yards against users and had to score on every possession or you lost.

11. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Yep

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

IP wants to do the 11 dynasty again because he dominated in that one.

13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I just like in '12 that you're able to at least play field position. In '11 if you punted even once it felt like you were almost giving the game away if you were playing a decent player. I'll never forget my ever so realistic game against volball in the '11 dynasty where we both had 0 punts the entire game and volball ended up winning on a hail mary. After the patch every game was an offensive explosion to the nth degree.

The warping in '12 is annoying, but it's not exactly like it's been completely absent from the other games either. Pass coverage has always had issues in one way or another it seems.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  14. VB

VB Member

Nostalgia.

I couldn't get over how broken the passing game was on this year's edition. Such a bootleg fix to zone coverage. It honestly was probably the main reason (and the broken OD) for me trading in the game. Passing the ball is my favorite part about the game and it was completely ruined. Made the game so predictable and one dimensional. Every user game was a power I run fest, at least that was my experience back in October.

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Notes from gameplay podcast.........who knows if these things will work as advertised, but going of past experience, they probably wont.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

THIS IS THE BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT IMO ALONG WITH THE DB/WR INTERACTION. I dont think I ever used PA pass in 12 due to the forced animation and lack of blocking on the OL. Hope it works this year

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Evidently now, your receivers will have an icon faded until they are ready to make a catch. This will help with two big gripes I have always had. Quick passes to a slot receiver before the play develops when they are on another type of route and you get cheesed to death with someone doing this, and receivers getting hit in the back of the helmet with a pass.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain