NCST Game not looking so impressive...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 8, 2012.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They look like garbage against a shitty big east team. Uconn's D is lighting them up!

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Yeah, but their D is looking pretty good and we lit that up.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Our O has never worried me. Our D has me a little worried now.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

UConn actually has a pretty good defense. I expected the Huskies to win that game today.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Really? I dont watch much big east ball so I didnt know they had much of a defense. I guess that makes me feel a little better.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They're obviously not LSU, but it's a stingy unit with a lot of returning starters. I wouldn't look too much into NC State struggling to score against them on the road.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

They could have been a little hung over from last week too.

8. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

It worries me slightly. NC State is a pass-first team, and they were playing in bad conditions, but as a team, they did not look good at all. I'm having a hard time sizing up the two opponents. Florida looked like they figured a few things out in the 2nd half vs. TAMU

9. NashVol

NashVol New Member

Looking at the NCSt/UConn game, I don't feel any worse about our win. NCSt is not a very good team but they're about who I thought they were.

The fact that we didn't lay a complete egg in the Georgia Dome is exciting enough.

10. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Yeah, I guess it's based on expectations. I was hoping NC State would be a pretty good team this year - ~4th in the ACC. Not looking that way right now.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

NC State looks every bit like 4th in the ACC to me. Who is clearly ahead of them? FSU, Clemson, Virginia Tech. But after that it gets muddy. And those linebackers have a chance to improve as time goes on.

UConn is not a patsy.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Georgia Tech will probably shake out better than NC State too. Still, the Wolfpack are who we thought they were.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee is probably the 5th or 6th best team in the SEC and they physically man handled them all night