Nearly Half Of Detroit Water Customers Can’t Pay Their Bil

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jun 23, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Good lord, where is here?

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You'd think that businesses would be flocking there, what with the legions of highly-trained and world-class-quality union members that they've got, and are lookng for work.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[video=youtube;a8sS4RIn6Kw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sS4RIn6Kw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

wtf?

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Redskins Park? Racist

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I get my water free from the ground. About 35-40 feet deep. Of course now the county wants to tax people that have wells for using it. I also have a septic tank and they want to tax that too.

7. OrangeEmpire

You need to pay your fair share!

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If he lives off the main line, a lot of places make you pay by the foot to get hooked up. It can be really expensive.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

WTF? How can they tax you for well water? They going to charge you for growing the grass on your lawn and using up "state and city dirt and CO2"?

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I have county water, $300 hookup plus a well at 60' deep. Septic tank also.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There's places wanting to tax people and regulate collection of rain into barrels from people's roofs.

12. NorrisAlan

"Uhm, what is this line mean and why is there a 234.44 tax applied to it?"

"Oh, that is the O2 tax for breathing."

13. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I have a well for irrigation and can be told if and when I can use it.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Straight up X dollars a year if you don't have county water. Miami-Dade county is way too corrupt to have a balanced budget so they have to balance it some way. I guess you could have a big barrel in the back yard or one on the roof and catch rain water, your ass is still paying the tax.

It hasn't passed yet, but coming soon

15. NorrisAlan

I understand this, in a way, if you are pulling a crap ton of water out of the aquafer. But a house well?

16. MWR

MWR Contributor

I live in the Stinking Creek Area. They ran city water up to our communtiy. It cost our church about $800.00 for them to put in a meter. And we still had to dig the line into the church, put in the pipe, buy the regulator, the box for the regulator, cut-off valve, etc. Probably spent over $1,000.00 before the job was done. And the church is less than 40 feet from the main water line.

I just happen to live 1/4 of a mile from the main water line. That's a lot of water line to buy and bury, on top of the $800.00 hook-up fee. I'll probably use my well for the foreseeable future.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The UN needs to free stinking creek from this water oppression too.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rain barrels are illegal for most of the West. Damn communist Spanish conquistadores and their vestigal common laws. We need a new Zorro.

19. OrangeEmpire

We do, the white man calls him Batman.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what's the logic behind that? i'm fairly sure rain barrels aren't illegal where i live. plenty of people have them.