Netanyahu: Iran Still Pursuing Nukes

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, May 1, 2018.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

To assume your position, one must believe that Mattis saying we should stick with the deal because it's in our national defense interests means Mattis doesn't support doing what he is on record as saying is in our best interests for national security.

I never said he loved it or thought it was perfect.

2. JayVols

Netanyahu's bombshell turns out to be a dud.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/4/30/17303576/netanyahu-iran-deal-speech-amad

The fact that a foreign leader, friend or not, is blatantly misrepresenting the facts to put us on the road to conflict in Iran should piss every American off regardless of political affiliation.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Succinctly stated.

Link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ll-be-just-fine-if-trump-leaves-the-iran-deal

4. JayVols

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No, you sure didn't. You said he was much more supportive than bostonvol indicated, after boston basically described the position you just somehow tried to use to argue with me. Yeah, Mattis thinks it's in our best interest to honor international treaties. That's not exactly shocking news.

6. JayVols

Mattis' words have meaning. Inferences about how he feels can be drawn from them. The fact that Mattis didn't originally support the Deal at all until he read it (3 times per Mattis) and saw the rigorous inspection protocol, I think Mattis used the words "intrusive" and "robust", he changed his mind and came to support remaining in the agreement. Of course nothing is ever perfect, but Mattis is not the type of person to just go along with something he doesn't support just because.

If words are meaningless, I'm going to assume that your disagreement with 99.9% of everything I post is actually you stating your unequivocal support for my words.

Thanks.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Jay, his comments don’t read like support, but are instead “seeing the good.”

Like this: do you support Trump’s America? Do you see that there are some good things in Trump’s America? Do you think you should leave America?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not leaving, they'll have to kill me

9. JayVols

Apparently, I'm looking at it wrong, but I read it as supporting staying in.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It’s more of a “there isn’t a better option at present.”

11. JayVols

I see it as stronger than that given the words Mattis has used to describe it, but I'll drop it.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So this thread title is bs I guess.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Consider the OP

14. JayVols

Well, it was true 15ish years ago when the information Netanyahu re-released was first released.

Don't be so picky. It's just symantics.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is about the supply of oil. Prices already going up. Hooray for oil companies, Saudi Arabia, Russia, and OPEC.

JayVols likes this.
  16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Interesting.

Link: https://m.jpost.com/Breaking-News/F...-560169?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter