Netflix- Last Chance U

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Aug 13, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah I never felt sorry for Kam. Chauncey on the other hand seemed to care about school and was obviously pretty smart, he just liked smoking pot.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shoot. I know you're right on the money. That has run through my mind on more than one kid, and mostly not athletes. You second guess yourself as an instructor. Could someone else have taught it to them better? Am I being arbitrary in my evaluations? Or worse, when you know they actually understand the material more than some others that are passing, they just slacked off in some fashion along the way on things that counted, then learned it after the fact.

Grades are a funny thing to begin with. They originally were a tool for evaluating the instructor, or how well the class was picking up the material. Somewhere along the line more than a hundred years ago, they became about the student's performance.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I"m a bleeding heart. I'm to ep 5 and I feel like they're all the way they are for reasons. I dunno. So much opportunity, they literally just have to follow the path. But they just don't.

4. RockyHill

I get that. But there's plenty of people like Kam who have ADHD or other issues who get through it. It's certainly tough being separated from your mom but he had a lot more support than most of those kids could ever dream of.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I love the random election comments.

Seriously, how many people don't vote? Apparently a lot.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Explains why you actually bought the hype last year. Watch season 1.

7. RockyHill

Bought what hype?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he is referring to the QB who went to Auburn.

9. RockyHill

Here's what I said about him in this thread last year:

"Ihave no illusions about who he is. In Gus's offense he could maybe do ok just off speed. Nick Marshall he is not."

I wouldn't call that buying the hype, not that there even was any real hype anyway.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm about 99% sure you posted something about wanting to have a three way with him and his Heisman trophy.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I member.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Something about was going to teach him what the War Eagle really was IIRC.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remembered something about building a cabin together in Montana, that only they knew about.

15. RockyHill

The JF3 story continues, he's joining Kiffin at FAU.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Now he'll get that Heisman.