Netflix- Last Chance U

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Aug 13, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You don't necessarily need elite qb play to win anything of note.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Make that your new argument. It is a tenable one.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

USC wins the nc easily if Barkley was mediocre.

4. RockyHill

By definition, he was mediocre. And they lost to a Washington team with a losing record and an 8-5 Arizona team, as well as getting run out of the stadium by Oregon and Stanford. GTFO.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Worley, Peterman, Simms, Rick Clausen, Nick Stephens, 08 Crompton, James Banks, AJ Suggs

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Clint Castleberry, Georgia Tech 1942. Led the team in passing and rushing, a 10-1 record with wins over Navy and Notre Dame. Only yellow jacket to have his number retired.

"Castleberry was a good kid. His grandfather was a buddy of mine...one of the first guys in town with a phonograph...mesmerizing." - DeBord

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Because he played like shit. Look at those games. Christ.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So not half?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Barkley as a true frosh is among the worst qbs in USC history. Only one that was worse off the top of my head was Palmer as a true frosh.

10. RockyHill

That's not the point. You said they have a mediocre QB and the win the NC. That is just laughable.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No it's not. That was one of the most talented teams of the past 20 years. All that was missing was a qb.

12. RockyHill

Palmer had a worse rating in 3 of his 4 years than Barkley did as a true frosh.

13. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Droski dropped his shovel on his way to the back hoe in this argument.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

As an example he threw 3 ints against Stanford. Yet you use them "being run out of the stadium" as an example of that team not being good. If he didn't play like shit do they get run out of the stadium? Of course not

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

CJ Leak too

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think you might want to look at the talent Palmer had around him compared to Barkley and get back to me. Petros papadaka was his starting ****ing rb

17. RockyHill

I didn't say they weren't good, I said you were an idiot for suggesting that if they had a mediocre QB they would have won the NC, because:

1) They in fact had a mediocre QB
    2) They lost 4 damn games.

Yeah, obviously if they had a better QB maybe they wouldn't lose 4 games. But you said if they had a mediocre QB. Well that's what a mediocre QB gets you, losses to top teams.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think you'd find any USC fans that considered his performance mediocre.

19. RockyHill

Take this whole thing in as many circles as you wish. You said something that was dumb and obviously not true, I provided some hard numbers showing you that you're wrong and you launch into a bunch of BS. Par for the course.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Are we seriously holding Barkley with all that talent around him to the same standard I.e qb rating as nevada's qb?