Netflix - Making a Murderer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Butthole, Dec 27, 2015.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Yeah, I disagree. I think he did it, and the state planted evidence. I also think he's right where he should be.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

He has to get off if he was framed. If he did it, then shame on the police and state for allowing that to happen. It's on them.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the state planted evidence, they violated his rights. Either you stand with the constitution or you don't. It could be your rights taken away because you "belong" behind bars.

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I get your point. But the guy killed her IMO, and I think he belongs behind bars for the rest of his life which is probably what's going to happen.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

We need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he did. The state planting evidence creates significant doubt. In fact, it makes me have to question almost everything we've been told. Further, ask yourself what exculpatory evidence would look like in a case like this. It would include evidence fabrication.

Here's the thing: the person who killed that woman belongs in prison for life. And we may be letting them never go to jail at all. That is unacceptable.

kmf600 likes this.
  6. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

There is actually 3 separate Dassey confessions. He gives way more details about what happened in the one not on the show. They did it. He offers way more info in the other one. Says they were going to throw her in the pond but the water wasn't deep enough, all kinds of shit. More details about what she was cuffed with (which he would have had no idea about the specific cuffs that Steve had bought unless he had seen them himself).

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I think the state planted the key. I think the state planted Steven Averys DNA on the hood latch.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

They fed him a lot of information on the tape. That she was shot in the head. That she wasn't "chained up" in the bedroom. Why is there no DNA of hers anywhere in the house other than the clearly planted key? How is that possible?

What do you mean Dassey would have no idea about the specific cuffs Steve had bought? He could have seen them himself, that doesn't mean they did this crime. I saw the initial "confession," they were feeding him information and having him parrot it back, while telling him it was the only way he could go back to school. He was an intellectually challenged 16 year old.

9. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Yeah, that confession should be thrown out.

They weren't regular handcuffs, they were bought at a sex store. He described them.

I don't know why there isn't anymore of her DNA in the house. Maybe they burned the covers and sheets.

10. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

It's just too much going on the be a conspiracy.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you throw out the confession, there is literally nothing tying Dassey to this. Nothing at all.

12. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I mean that particular confession. He told his mom specifically that he did do "Some of it". While he was on a recorded jail phone.

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Why would he lie to her ? She wasn't pressuring him.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

"too much going on." I don't follow. It's unfortunate that the word "conspiracy" has the connotation it has. It is a fact that Avery has been falsely convicted of a rape and murder before. An absolute fact. That to me makes it extremely important for this case to be evaluated without the planted evidence and without ignoring other suspects.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting question, but it is pretty vague. Also, at that point he had been told repeatedly that he is a rapist and murderer.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If the state planted evidence, he should walk.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And it isn't even that hard of a decision.

clownbaby likes this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Our whole system is built on it's better to let a guilty man go than to send an innocent man to prison

clownbaby and IP like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm on ep 7 or 8 of season 2. This is really worth watching, especially if you think you know this case.

There are elements I won't spoil that I literally can't understand how it was ignored, or even what it means exactly (other than it points to the state's case being completely wrong).

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And also built on the government cannot, under any circumstances, tread on your rights as a citizen. Planting evidence is a gross violation of personal rights, even if you KNOW the guy is guilty and you feel the need to find some way to convict. It is a horrible precedent.

clownbaby likes this.