Netflix Removes Nye on Gender

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 4, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Because, as had been mentioned, gender is primarily a societal thing. Hence, when one looks at rules for a society, it's probably going to be considered. Also, going to be pretty tough to gather and process DNA evidence prior to bathroom admission.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Very underrated post.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Got it. I'm saying completely do away with all societal mentions or concern with anything related to either gender or race.

All of it, everywhere.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How would you propose to accomplish that?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's usually what members of the group perceived to be in power want, yes. And don't take that as me being snarky. I am saying, "isn't that what the people upset about gender and race issues are complaining about-- lack of acknowledgement or concern about there being a problem?" You can get rid of societal mentions or concern pretty easily, judging from history. That doesn't mean there wasn't still sexism, gender issues, or race issues.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

An example of a society removing (or attempting to, anyway) all mention or concern with anything related to gender or race, that readily comes to mind, is the Soviet Union. They executed that plan, and the results were not acceptable.

7. Tenacious D

Stop giving it the credence of use.

Stop asking for it on applications, stopping writing laws that mention it, etc.

8. Tenacious D

Why can't we just deal with "issues"? If "gender" is so arbitrary and fluid as to have no meaning, and there is no scientific basis for race...then just stop giving a shit what gender anyone claims or race they are.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd be more than fine doing that with race, but there still need to be some divisions for the different genders.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Same with speed limits. Sometimes a road is 45. Sometimes 55. Sometimes you get ticketed when above the limit. Sometimes not.

We should just make everything cut and dry, no wiggle room.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretending like biases don't exist doesn't make them not exist. No matter how arbitrary or ultimately meaningless they are.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A pens and a vagina is pretty cut and dry, though.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not as much as you'd think.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I had a circumcision, but I hate dry vaginas.

15. fl0at_

Most don't check. They just go by what they see.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If they see it, have they not checked it?

17. fl0at_

You are saying most see it? You visit odd bathrooms.