Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Started Seinfeld from the beginning on Hulu. Amazing how funny something is if you haven't watched it in a while and how you pick up on new stuff.

I had never realized Art Vandalay came from the 2nd episode of the show.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Cobra Kai is an awfully bad, cheesy show and I can't stop watching it.

ptclaus98, IP and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We're way behind and this was probably mentioned years ago, but our family has been enjoying the hell out of Longmire. Watching 2 shows per night and in season 5. Good TeeVee!

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Big fan of Karate Kid I through III, so this show is such an unexpected gift. Horribly cheesy, bad acting, but so seamless to the original movies.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've told myself many times i should stop watching, but haven't done it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It has a feel to it and Southern California the same way Breaking Bad had with New Mexico and Ozarks had with... the Ozarks. Like, it couldn't be set somewhere else and make sense the same way.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my wife was born in reseda and constantly gets pissed they act like it's the greatest shithole on the planet. median home price is like $600k. i think it's funny though.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

but from a snooty Larusso perspective with their beach club...

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, they talk down on reseda but it looks very normal america to most of us. so she should see it as tongue in cheek, whether intended or not.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I started the first season when it originally came out on YouTube and thought it was absolutely terrible.

The acting was terrible, the writing was not good and the cheesy factor was through the roof. I quit part way through and completely erased it from my memory.

So I was shocked when it made its “comeback” so to speak on seasons 2-3 and was picked up by Netflix.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Started Gotham last night. A couple of episodes in and it seems decent.

Has anyone watched it? Worth it?

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just started this today at lunch. Interested.

And as far as cobra kai, outside of a couple one liners from the blonde guy, im one of the few i know who dont think much of it

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he lives in the encino hills which yes is expensive, but isn't exactly beverly hills. it's pretty funny

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I watched a few episodes. It needs Batman imo

justingroves likes this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I like it so far. Bryan Cranston usually doesn't disappoint.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Cobra Kai is like a bag of chips and a liter of soda as a kid. It's not good, it's not good for you, but unsupervised you'll down the whole thing like a goblin.

I was a goblin last Saturday.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I might be the only person my age who didn’t get into this whole deal. I mean I saw the movies when I was a kid, ok, don’t really care if I ever see them again and definitely don’t care to watch this show

justingroves likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I may have to sweep your leg.

Karate Kid I and II were great movies, II being better than I. III was garbage and one of the only movies I ever thought about getting up and just leaving the theater as I was watching it. I haven't seen any of the other Karate Kid movies, and only the first episode of Cobra Kai (just haven't had time to watch it).

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Im in the same gondola in Venice with you on this one. The music is the only thing i really i dig

20. JohnnyQuickkick

I’d never be in a gondola in venice. Tourist trap