Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The last bit of Rogue One was the only other time we've got to see it on film

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I imagine Reva didn't go down the tunnel, but out and around, which would have been faster. She probably knew where it was most likely going and headed that way.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

mole rat guy? [uck fay] that guy

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So when is Liam Neeson going to make an appearance? They are teasing it way too much.

5. NorrisAlan

It HAS to happen at this point. I'll have blueballs from hell if it doesn't.

6. CardinalVol

We've reached the point where there are three episodes left and a whole bunch of things that people want to see.

7. CardinalVol

And throw in JEJ doing Vader's voice at 91 years old.

8. NorrisAlan

They used that Respeecher software they used on Luke to make it sound like 1980 Vader, where as the Rogue One Vader sounded a little rough because of JEJ's age.

Still cool as [uck fay] to hear that voice. This episode just [uck fay]ing was the best thing since ever.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wasn't expecting that much Vader

10. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Obi wan ep 3

Vader is terrifying. I know he’s blown up planets and sabered plenty of rebels/Jedi children, but the nonchalant neck snapping and force dragging of completely innocent people was something else. Also, the fire scene of course was brutal. I’m ready for Qui-Gon to show up so that we can see Obi finally break. This show is so painful.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m not gonna lie, I’m pretty psyched about a new generation getting introduced to the genius that is Kate Bush

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Only complaint about episode 3 is
    how anakin completely forgets how to use the force when the fire started back and watched helplessly as a droid slowly carries obi-wan away. That's such a major plot hole it bothers me. You just had a solid 5-10 min of badass Vader who is literaly breaking necks and cashing checks, but now suddenly can't use the force to kill off obi wan because a small fire is in the way. At least make him throw out a taunt signaling he's letting him get away because he wants the chase or something, but its like D&D wrote that scene and Vader kinda forgot he could use the force to go around or through the fire.

Indy likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

He let him go imo

Volsdude, CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. NorrisAlan

He wants him to suffer. Wallow in misery and destitution. He could have straight murdered him at any point in the fight but even said he wasn't going to kill him.

justingroves and CardinalVol like this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

He’s also conflicted imo

16. CardinalVol

I don't think there is any conflict at this point. He's spent 10 years hunting him. He wants him to suffer.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Then simply have him throw out a line. The way it came across was shit, I'll get you next time. Stark contrast to the previous 10 min

18. CardinalVol

It was pretty much how it went in rogue one. Fight another day.

justingroves likes this.
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No rogue one ended 10 min before episode iv's opening credits not remotely the same.

20. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Yeah I think he saw how weak obi wan is and just wants to torture him with cat and mouse as long as he can. The empires in full control, he’s just enjoying himself the only way he has left.

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.