Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t know if I’d go that far but it’s definitely a demonstration of what happens when you hire a conman built around strictly recruiting to run your program.

2. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Better than a Billy Mays pitchman

:(

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Same thing just different ends of the spectrum as their starting point growing up.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't see him as conning anyone. he's exactly who he says he is. also, the playbook being stolen and shared adds a bit of explanation for why the offense was suddenly totally ineffective

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was ineffective due to the poor team culture and practice organization.

He’s a very good recruiter but did a really poor job running the team.

The playbook stuff is just an excuse. Your opponents have all the video to make your playbook without needing it with hudl with the ability to run all of you tendencies and scouting reports.

You win with players, organization and execution.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

he won his conference with only players the year before

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I agree with that but that's not a model built for long term success.

Indy was built on being last chance U.

I thought Buddy and EMCC was more real. Buddy has a lot of faults but I don't he was playing it up for the documentary like Coach Brown did.

TBSVOL and chavisut like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

nothing about coach jb is long term! but I know who ICC is now.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

but it's funny, I see it the other way with buddy. he's so fake, he doesn't even know himself. imo. who knows. it could all be in the editing.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Buddy could coach and bring in talent before the show. His struggle was how that came across on tv and his family getting a view of that side and his battle with it.

Brown was a recruiter that had it cave in on him once the staff turned on him. He did have better player leadership on his first season that was probably the difference in being good and total dumpster fire.

The crazy part is brown posted job openings Indy had for coaches that wanted to be TV stars instead of just getting the best coach he could get.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

his ego is obviously his biggest hindrance. certainly a narcissist. but that is also a source of strength.

were I the president of a junior college with a cratered program, I'd give him a 3 year deal. he will pull it out of the mud.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Not to be contrarian, but this has been Tennessee’s model in making three consecutive hires, and it’s worked out great for us.

Volst53 likes this.
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's the path to signing the back of the check instead of the front of the check.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Have y’all seen the lawyer stuff with Brown?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

A little. Not sure what to make of it.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Definitely prefer Buddy.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I’ve only watched the first episode of the most recent season. I don’t like the guy he might be an extreme example, but a coach doesn’t have to be a good or great man to make players better men. Same with Dads or teachers or most things.

18. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Finished The Boys last night on Amazon. I don't get the hype, thought it was pretty meh.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Office episode where Michael realizes he is on a happy hour date and blows it is on right now.
    He was a genius at making the viewer uncomfortable or say "oh no"