Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Here's my obligatory suggestion for Dark on Netflix. It's my favorite show ever. No scene is a throwaway in this show.

The big twist for season 2 nearly made me have a brain aneurysm.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I really looked forward to more episodes of Dark and dug the music. Dubbing bothers some too much and i get it but didnt bother me. Just look at the scene and their eyes and listen. Why you gotta look at the lips? Good show. Wife liked it too.

3. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Due to Daylights savings i was left wide awake at the new time of 4am which is my biological alarm clock. I decided to watch The King which is a very good biopic of Henry V.

4. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Would love to discuss this movie, but it would really spoil it for the others. Great show.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Saw the trailer for that and it looks like it would be good. I will have to check it out.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A little melatonin about an hour before your new desired bed time is pretty good for adjusting your rhythm. Works OK for jet lag, too.

kmf600 likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

nyy recommends taking it as a suppository. so much rhythm.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Will pass on the wild ass dreams and adjust naturally.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It can make you more likely to dream, but any bizarre qualities are coming from your own brain.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Only time I dream at all is if I take melatonin.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Consult your physician, LCV.

Or a competent one.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Certainly don’t doubt the second part, and if the first part is also true, I’d rather not instigate the bizarreness.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I eat this stuff like candy, I started getting them in gummy form. Really helps me get to sleep, and I wake up ok in the morning, and when they call in the middle of the night, I'm not bad either.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Last night I dreamt that I got stopped by the TSA for carrying a weapon. Turns out that my parents house key was too sharp for their liking.

On melatonin, I probably make it through security but then the plane gets hijacked using my parents house key and I spend the rest of the night on the run like Harrison Ford in the Fugitive.

Or I get annoyed with the plot and wake myself up on purpose, which is actually a “side effect” I picked up after I was taking it regularly.

15. Ssmiff

Big fella on Mindhunter is awesome

gcbvol likes this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Definitely watch Ozarks if you haven't. It's really good.

chavisut likes this.
  17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Not usually a Star Wars fan, but The Mandalorian looks pretty damn good on Disney+. Apparently had a $100 million budget for 8 episodes.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Disney+ available on Fire Stick.

Will be watching Apple Dumplin Gang tonight.

19. Ssmiff

Still on Mindhunter, 8 episodes in. I like the new characters each show. Not attacted to his gf at all though. Are her teeth black?

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just cannot bring myself to pay for ANOTHER streaming service.