Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I doubt I'll watch it. My wife said it was too cheesy for her, which is saying something because she's into all of the Dawson's Creek/One Tree Hill type shows.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I lived in the Birmingham tv market during Scrushy's fall from grace. I never gave the ordeal too much attention while it was going on, just enough to maintain some semblance of intelligent conversation about the matter. While packing to move last year, I found an old Healthsouth t-shirt that was a giveaway at some event I attended. It struck me then that the Healthsouth brand was everywhere at one point there, and almost overnight, it vanished.

Speaking of bammer fans, did Pawl make it onto the show? It was a semi-regular topic of conversation on his show back then as I recall.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Finebaum had a passing cameo in the video. The lawyers and Scrushy, along with the collection of black religious leaders, were given the vast majority of attention. They also mention how his name was taken off everything overnight, including some video of them taking down his statue.

I watched the one on Cheryl Araujo tonight, the one the movie The Accused is based upon. Damn that one was depressing and infuriating.

warhammer likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Finished the first season of Peaky Blinders. It was meh. Not sure if I'll watch more or not.

kmf600 likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Watched the first episode of Space Force. It was terrible.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The show is just OK.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Pros and Cons to Hulu.

Go...

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just started Bloodline.

kmf600 likes this.
  9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The guide sucks ass.

SetVol13, The Dooz and NYY like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Good show

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Stop after the second season.

NYY likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes i do recall conversations with the wife now in regards to wondering what happened to the writers.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I know it's not Netflix but my HBO Now subscription got rolled into HBO Max. I've been watching The Big Bang Theory, Tom and Jerry, and Looney Tunes.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

my wife loved space force

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Is it bearable to save 75$ a mnth?

16. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Probably already been discussed somewhere in here, but Succession on HBO is awesome.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes.

kmf600 likes this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also yes.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Second this. You're going to be about 60 seconds behind on sports, too, but that's not a massive impact.

I deal with it because I was sick of Comcast. And with a Chromecast/fire stick in every room you get rid of the need for cable boxes.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Entering the final episode of his documentary on Netflix and this Epstein guy seems like an awful person. I hadn't really known about the more specific details of the case, but there were a few details which stuck out to me. One, he was about as pure a sociopath as you'll ever find. His preying on girls combined with power was almost over the top movie level bad guy evil. I can only think of a similar example as being the stories of Spanish conquistadors taking Indian women as sex slaves in the 1500s.

Also, Alan Dershowitz is a piece of shit. The day he leaves this earth, we'll all be better for it. On a similar vein, they interspersed Epstein's depositions throughout the documentary and every question, not shitting you in saying every [uck fay]ing question, his lawyers objected. They would ask him "Did you have sex with this person?". Objection, argumentative, harassment. Every question, objection harassment. It was disturbing the level of manipulation and power over the repercussions of the law he had due to power and connections.

A final note. His private island, "Pedophile Island"? [dadgum] surreal gorgeous.