Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Finally started Saul.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Almost finished Dark and it’s been very good. Sort of a darker, scarier version of Stranger Things.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I really enjoyed that show.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Absolutely loving Altered Carbon. Three shows in.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t know if you ever watched The Killing, but the main character in Altered Carbon is Detective Holder from that show. It’s worth looking him up from that show if you’re not familiar. It’s a crazy transformation. Would never have recognized him.

justingroves likes this.
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just finished Dark on Netflix and am upgrading it to much watch status. It is very likely the best show I’ve seen on Netflix.

Red alert. Must watch protocol is in effect. Stop what you are doing and turn it on.

hohenfelsvol and IP like this.
  7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Thanks for the tip

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

What’s it about?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of a time travel mystery type deal. Lots of twists and turns. A little complex and hard to follow if you are distracted by your cell phone.

I know that sounds kind of corny, but it’s really well done. Good acting, good cinematography, and good music. Lots of mysterious little things to catch like in Lost that you know have to be important, but you can’t quite see enough of the puzzle yet to figure out why.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Just finished the first season yesterday. Watched in German with English subtitles. Understood most. I agree that it is one of the better shows on Netflix. I was drawn in and with each episode was surprised with the twists and turns. Amazing show. Love the ending too. Can't wait for Season 2.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've spent a little time looking over theories to try to explain some of the stuff that was left unanswered. There are also a lot of interesting theories about some other characters having traveled through time that you wouldn't have expected. More people need to watch it and then we can have a thread with spoiler theories.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've watched the first episode. Trying to rally my woman so she doesn't start watching it with me half way through and asking millions of questions.

kmf600 likes this.
  13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That is so funny, and so true. Did the same thing with The Sapranos, that biker show, with the guy she likes, and Breaking Bad

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Had to deal with the same issue, but mainly because she wouldn't put her phone down.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When you keep this on your phone and then text it to her:

[​IMG]

kmf600 likes this.
  16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

That's going to be a short marriage.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he's far enough in to the marriage and Buddha's teachings, that he will find peace with any eventuality.

18. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

SIAP, but the John Mulaney stand-up special is hilarious. One of my favorites.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Both of them are great. Meant to go see his show in Nashville, but got swamped and forgot to buy tickets.

20. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I absolutely love Dark. My wife and I are 7 out of 10 episodes in. With our schedules we are probably looking at tomorrow night before we can watch the last 3. It is one of my favorite shows I have ever seen. I'm sure they will probably make an American version. Can't wait to see how they wrap up season one. Any show that makes you sit and think like Dark does, with some mind blowing scenarios, is way up there in my book