Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've not heard anyone that's watched it say anything that's very different from this. It's just that not many people have watched it.

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

If true that's a damn shame. Really. I know that it's in German so that could be a big deal for a lot of people. And I honestly thought I'd hate it but it really doesn't bother me at all after watching an episode. I was more wrapped up in the story than anything. I know that I will have to go back and rewatch the season again after first viewing. Because there's so much crap I'm sure they are putting in there that will be easy to overlook on first glance. We need a spoiler thread for Dark for the couple of us who have watched it haha. Without spoilers, I was able to piece together one big revelation about an episode before it happened. I went back and rewatched the first few minutes of episode one again and then knew that I was onto something and it came to light the episode after I had figured that one out. But it still leaves a ton of questions. Unless some of them are answered over these last 3 episodes which I hope some questions are answered anyway.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Been reading reviews that Veronica is too scary to watch. I'm giving it a shot today.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

"Love" is hilarious. Judd Apatow series. 3rd season comes out next week. Me and the wife started it about a week ago and were already in season 2. Super funny show

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sounds interesting. Might give it a shot and see if I can sit still long enough to follow it.

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Finished it this evening. Very, very good and worth the shot.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Finished it. Ready to go deep into spoiler land. I have a couple of thoughts that probably aren't special, but I haven't seen mentioned here yet.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I just finished it last night as well. I threw out one theory in the spoiler thread.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Big Mouth is off the charts

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dark was awesome. Tried Traveler and for once the first episode was great but then watched 2 more and meh. Tried Altered Carbon, but it didn't make us want to watch more episodes.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I also petered our in Altered Carbon. Very ambitious, but just didn’t really grab me. That Hispanic cop is absolutely banging though and gets nekkid at some point, so overall worth watching a few episodes.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm still holding on. Fair point on the cop, but I'll add Kinnaman is also super hot and occasionally nekkid.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He looks a heck of a lot different than he did in The Killing (another good show). Probably added 70+ pounds of muscle.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That's nothing. I have added 70 pounds of fat.

15. kidbourbon

How nekkid we talking here?

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Lots of obscured views, but you get the full monte at some point.

17. kidbourbon

I watched the History of the Eagles yesterday. I love music documentaries, and that one was excellent, even if you aren't a huge Eagles guy (and I'm not).

ETA:
    Don Henley is just so unapologetically condescending -- so much so that it's actually kind of endearing.

Glenn Frey comes across as a reasonable guy in the interviews but clearly was a huge huge asshole. Sorry to speak ill of the dead. RIP. And crazy that he died, because this documentary came out in 2013, and so you know the interviews were around that time, and he was in perfect health by all appearances. Didn't even look all that old.

When a guy is slurring his words while dead sober, and isn't a former pro boxer or football player, you know he did a focking shiiiiiiiiitload of drugs. That's Joe Walsh for ya.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  18. kidbourbon

Gonna want summadat full monte.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hate the [uck fay]ing Eagles, man!

But in all seriousness, that was a great documentary. Not sure if the one on Tom Petty is still on there, but it real good, too.

So is "It Might Get Loud."

20. kidbourbon

I've seen it might get loud. Enjoyed it.

I have not seen the Tom Petty one, though, and indeed did not know one existed. I love me some Petty, though, so will add that to my list.