New 24/7 Article: "Butch has support among boosters"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Dec 8, 2016.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If Butch truly has the support of the boosters, there's no need to think this situation will ever get fixed.

We'll continue to hire crap coach after crap coach.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Probably a coincidence that Tenny's "Can Butch Jones Be Saved?" post came out before this article. Unless Tenny is that unnamed positive source...

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not until 49. At 48 he was in his 10-2 season at MSU.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Glad we got that nailed down.

Saban had forgot more between 47-49 than Jones will know.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Was this Big Jim or Hart?

6. BigOrangeBeech

I was starting to think we may have been taking some steps towards correcting the situation we find ourselves in, but now I'm moving further away from that feeling. Blackburn has his work cut out for him if this article truly describes the mindset of the money people.

7. CardinalVol

Guys.

One booster was quoted here.

One.

And it may very likely be a "good cop" piece to calm Butch's nerves.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Card, you are the Froggy to my Hedley.

[​IMG]

9. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Daddy love froggy

10. BigOrangeBeech

I get what you're saying. I have no connections, so have no clue if what hes saying is representative of all big money people.

I would hope that they'd all be for ousting Jones and doing sooner rather than later. I have my doubts that this is the case though. If Jones is the coach next year it tells me all I need to know about the future.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Agree with both points.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

My washing machine works tirelessly too. Can it get $4.1 million/year to produce a shitty product?

Guys, we are not a great program anymore. Anyone with actual skin in the game that can make things happen are happy with hoping a cliche' spouting 5th chair trumpet player will all of a sudden figure out how to be a competent coach in big time football. These people are satisfied with paying millions of dollars/year to coaches that have consistently failed to produce $100,000/year results. After all the on-field incompetence, assault on a player, recycled coach-speak cliches, losses to the bottom dwellers in a terrible division, inexplicable obsession with a shit list of reporters, coaching charts and analytics, thin-skinned antics in public forums, manipulation and fraud to hire washed up never-was yes men assitants, pimping himself to other schools using his current employer's money to do so, and any other of the myriad of mind-blowingly stupid shit Butch Jones has done, anyone that still supports this charlatan and/or has even the faintest glimmer of hope that Butch will all of a sudden figure it out should just go drink a gallon of battery acid. You'll help mankind by weeding out the gene pool. This is who Tennessee football is now, Battle of Bristol/Life Champion U. Get used to it. Doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. Whoever the booster(s) still supporting Butch is/are *cough*Haslams*cough*, enjoy all the comments of "wait 'til next year", the national media openly ridiculing your guy at the wheel, moral victories, getting ass-raped by Alabama and Vanderbilt year after year, or any other rotten fruit Butch produces. You and Butch deserve each other. To quote the "coach" you still support, "**** all of them!" And by "them", I mean you.

I haven't turned my back on Tennessee. Tennessee has turned its back on me.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I ride with Jay.

14. CardinalVol

He's going to be here next year. He just is. Not having a Chancellor or functioning AD means he will be here.

'18 is a different story.

15. JayVols

Not saying this about you, but that is the dumbest shit in the world. Fitting mindset.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Why have we let Hart retire on his own terms? Why not throw him out on his ass like he deserves? My negativity towards Butch pales in comparison to my hatred for Hart.

17. JayVols

Because that would be the competent thing to do. We don't do competent anymore.

18. CardinalVol

We basically have. His "employment" until June is basically a decent severence package. He's not doing jack currently, just has the title.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I've been preaching this as well. I don't get it.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This is what I've been expecting too (having no inside info). But if we can bring in Blackburn between now and the bowl game (don't know if that's a pipe dream or not), why can't we make a change from there.