New 24/7 Article: "Butch has support among boosters"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Bold move for an AD who just stepped in the door and the fans have cooled down since Vandy and seem to have to come to grips with giving him one more year.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I know he will be here next year. I've said it all along.

There's still time to make a change if they're serious about winning moving forward...that is if they get on with bringing Blackburn in.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's impossible to even pretend to be serious about winning when Butch Jones is the coach.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

My point exactly.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Can't comprehend how highly competitive and successful people can support such an unfit head coach for what is, historically, a place where championships are the measuring stick.

But, hey, there's only one Saban. So sucking is the only sensible standard.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Me too.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As long as fans are filling up at Pilot while coming to and from the stadium, the biggest one doesn't care

8. LittleDTO

LittleDTO New Member

The fact remains, the booster, who we can just all calll....Big Jim, called Simmons up to tell him that Butch still has their support for the upcoming year. When have you heard of a prominent booster EVER doing this? This is all smoke and mirrors for 2017. If Butch doesn't perform, then out he goes with Blackburn leading the way on a coaching search. If and only if, the booster we shall call Big Jim, wants to stand in the way (I personally think he doesn't), then if I was Blackburn, I'd tell him to **** off.

Think about how much money over and beyond what Big Jim donates, that Tennessee would bring in, if we were a national championship contender each and every year like we should be. I have no connection to "Big Jim" but I know a bunch of "Medium Jim's" in Middle TN that are pissed at the current level of performance plus the attitude of Butch.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Saban just said "play to a standard and not the competition".

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Screw them, I shop at Weigel's.

11. NorrisAlan

Naaah. You play to the competition and play juuuuuuust under it, that way you don't look foolish.

But seriously, even if there is only one Saban, then there is a hell of a lot of 11-1 and 10-2 football out there to be played, not to mention that you can still beat his ass 1 out of 3 times if you are good. He isn't unbeatable.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hugh Freeze has an IQ of like 73 and he beats Saban half the time while coaching at a school that's a doormat more often than not.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Scoot over.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No matter what they are saying, Blackburn's popularity would go up if he came in and fired Butch and brought in his guy. It just would.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I get off at the Topside road exit on 140 a lot when I'm in east Tennessee. They're side by side there. Since 2012 I've been a Weigels man.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hugh Freeze was a girl's high school basketball coach 12 years ago

17. NorrisAlan

That is just one more damning thing against Butch.

18. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I was talking to a smaller booster today, who is as hardcore Tennessee football as they come. To paraphrase, "Heck, ole Butch is winning eight or nine games a year. It's hard to do much better than that. The boy ain't Saban, and it's stupid to hold him to that standard. These people must have forgot about Dooley." I don't get it, folks.

19. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Do not forget girls volleyball also

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just shut the damn thing down.