New AD- John Currie.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Feb 28, 2017.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Anyone hearing that Debbie Reynolds is set to be the #2?

Isn't she the person who left General Neyland off of the first list of inductees for the Tennessee Hall of Fame?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's Carrie Fisher's mom. She died.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fun fact, the guy leading the charge for the search firm once passed on hiring John Harbaugh when he was AD. Guy definitely knows how to spot talent...

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That means Butch will not be his buddy and I am good with that.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hyams mentioned him having pissed off so many people. Said he was only 38 then and now he's 47, so probably more mature. OK. Good to know I have a few more years before I'm expected to be an adult.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

She died? So she'll be our #1 AD?

8. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

At least it's not Clapmaster P

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who is donna thomas?

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've still got over a decade before I have to be mature, poop face.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I know nothing about him even though he was here for a period of time, but you're basically right. He'll only be judged on one thing by me and that's how he handles the football situation next year when it becomes plainly evident once again that Jones sux. I have my doubts though.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Assistant in the AD. Has made a disaster of everything they've let her do basically.

She was tasked with updating the UT hall of fame which up to that point had only been done for Lady Vols (I dunno) and left out an inconsequential little known guy...

That the football stadium is named after.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hah.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

She's basically worthless.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Outstanding. Surprised she wasn't named AD

16. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

17. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

She has been around forever. Cant remember where she got her start, but I remember her as an Asst AD on the Women's side before the split. Ironically, after the consolidation, she pissed in the wheaties of some of the lawsuit folks by finding in favor of the AD during the internal investigation.

Funny story, she once debated/argued with myself and a few others. She might have been speaking in a class, but I want to say it was in a conversation just around the athletic department. There was discussion of rushing the field. This was a few years after the 98 UF game. Her contention was that it wouldn't happen again because of new and increase security measures. Our contention was that even 100 security guard couldn't keep the masses from taking the field. She argued it to the end. That was all I need to know.

19. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

yknow, if I'm Fulmer, I'd sure as shit just give up on UT.

if they didn't you or your #1 competitor (blackburn), they ain't ever gonna hire you.

****.. hindsight, I'd rather have Fulmer now than this currie schmuck. nobody likes this ****ing guy... and k state fans are giddy that they'll now have a BETTER chance at hiring a legit football coach? ...in other words, "we don't have an AD right now, but we already KNOW we're gonna upgrade, no matter who it is."

that says a ton. ...and we are ****ed.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Article on John Currie - Frank Martin feud:

http://cjonline.com/sports/2012-03-26/fissures-ran-deep-martin-currie

From the article:

Ugh. So he's basically Butch Jones? More concerned with image than winning.

More:
    So he's also [ddiapos]?

Even more:
    What a ********.

Also, in his bio on the Kansas State site, where it discusses his "many" accomplishments, one of the first listed is a slogan he created. Wait for it, because it's pretty damn awesome. Maybe sit down. You sitting? Hang on. Get ready. The slogan. is... "Welcome to K-State."