New Radiohead album

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, May 11, 2016.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[​IMG]

Can you rewind vinyl, digital music, or a CD with one of these bad boys?

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

No thanks. I'll stick with my trusty ole Ediphone/Dictaphone thank you very much.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

justingroves likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Jealous

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd have to say it was probably the best show I've been to, as well. Think I saw them in 2004.

Also, can't recall if I ever said it or not, but I ended up listening to the new album a few times more and I like it better than I gave it credit for initially. Still wouldn't say it's the best album since OK Computer, but it's good.

Was Weird Fishes good live?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And damnation, I didn't even realize they were touring the US. I would have made an attempt to get to Cincy.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They lost me bigly, for the most part, after OK Computer

Edit: I liked OK Computer. Stuff after, not so much

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think they've all been pretty good, except maybe King of Limbs. Hail to the Thief wasn't that good, either, I guess.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I know I am not unique, but I really don't care for concerts. Just has never been my thing.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I agree for most part but there are a few exceptions for me. radiohead at the Ryman would be one. Metallica was one. Coldplay at the Ryman was incredible really.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Weird Fishes was excellent.

They played the best stuff off of Hail to the Theif. Only like the second time they had played A Wolf at the Door in the last 6 years.

I wish Let Down had been in there, but it's hard to complain with a setlist that good. The crowd was excellent too and the band seemed legitimately happy to be there. Thought it was strange that THAT show happened in Cincy of all places. Assuming they aren't done touring anytime soon, I will definitely be making an effort to see them again. If I hadn't had a friend with parental responsibilities with me, I would have trucked on through to Pittsburgh and made it up to the wife later

12. JohnnyQuickkick

I love concerts. Can't get enough

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think they ever play Let Down live. Too bad, it's my favorite off OK.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

the direction they went just isn't what i like to listen to

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

They have been playing it every other show (more or less) on this tour... I just happened to be the other show. Still, got No Surprises, Lucky and Karma Police from OKC so it's hard to complain too much

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ah man. That's cool. They never used to play it.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's one of the few things I'll spend money on.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Ryman is awesome. Anytime you can go, you should. I've seen a lot of people there and I've been fortunate enough to get backstage.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Since the Mill & Mine opened in Knoxville they’ve been doing a hell of a job getting acts here.
    It isn't the best sounding venue but it's better than nobody coming and playing in knoxville

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I agree, but I'll make an occasional exception