Next 5 Games

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Show me inarguable improvement - if only by the eye test. Both on the field with the players and in the press box / sidelines with the play calling / staff.

2. Play smart, but play to win. They’re going to try to hang 60+ on you no matter what, so you might as well play to win and force them to beat you.

3. Fight. Vols. Fight. When in doubt, fight some more. For every inch, on every play.

Tennessee is going to win at least one of these next 5 games. And they’re going to be in more games, and later, than it may now seem possible.

I’m telling you.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

To DREEEEEEEAMMMMM, the imPOSSSSSIBLE drEEEEEammmmmm....

3. Savage Orange

3-9. Deal with it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Being a tennessee fan feels like an abusive relationship.

5. Savage Orange

I’ll be happy if Guarantano is still ambulatory and able to speak in coherent sentences come November.

6. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Feels that way because that is exactly what it is. A sucker punch followed by a swift kick in the nuts. ‘Sorry honey I won’t do it again. Come back, I promise.’ Year after year after year after ....

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

More like a prison relationship and every SEC opponent tells us to "hold my pocket". (Tom Segura ref)

NYY likes this.
  8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Sounds fabulous. Looks like delusion (except for the winning against Charlotte part).

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

wonder if anybody has tried to sue UTAD for psychological damage. Bait and switch. Breaking of contract evennn

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Can’t we just accuse all the upcoming coaches of something sexual?

zehr27 and doolmeonce like this.
  11. Savage Orange

Gotta wait about 35 years or so to make the claim... I’ll be dead by then.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's just not true at all. I walked into a door Saturday night.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I still think we play 1 of the next 3 a lot closer than expected. Odds on bet is Auburn because of the BYE week. But we'll play one respectably.

I also don't think we are as bad as we were Saturday night as a whole. That was a bad team playing bad. It was our low point, not the average. Just a terrible time to lay an egg.

Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yes to all.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn has a lot of issues

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Funny. I have the same door. Bought it over a decade ago.

#TennesseeStrong

A-Smith and Poppa T like this.
  17. Ssmiff

Bad plays. Generally, if you take away the obvious turnovers, we didnt get outplayed. They had 3 td drives of less than 25 yards. I don't think they would have gone the length of the field much vs a defense not so totally dejected early on. For some reason I feel like we are gonna play decent vs Georgia. Maybe just delusional.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They doubled our ypc and had the same number of completions with six fewer attempts. Crushed us on all special teams plays. They were playing a lot better than we were. We just made it easy on them to blow us out of the water.

A-Smith and chavisut like this.
  19. Ssmiff

tomato/tomahto

20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I want to believe.

I'll be happy if we look competitive in the upcoming games and show improvement. This has been my biggest sore spot with the previous two chuckleheads. They sucked in games but they never really didn't suck.