Next 5 Games

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

100% pure hunch.

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

We'll find out over the course of October if we can play worse.

If there is anything I've learned about UT football since 2008... it can definitely get worse and it often does.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I ride with IP on this point... until Tennessee actually beats somebody they really aren’t supposed to beat, I have to think that this IS the team everybody thinks it is.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

For the record, I would still say this even if we had given Florida the beatdown they so richly deserve... they aren’t any better than us but it sure didn’t show Saturday night.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A bye week during this stretch, especially before the "most winnable" game, is clutch. Lot of game planning and teaching going to happen the next 12 days.

7. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

The next 3 weeks are critical. The team needs to get to the South Carolina game healthy if a bowl game is in the future. The staff and players have to stay focused and keep pushing through adversity.

Sure, they could upset Auburn with 2 weeks to prepare. I don't see it happening. We're not beating Bama. I hope the sight of Neyland becoming Bryant-Denny north pisses him off and motivates him even more. He seeing what it's like without the Tuscaloosa mafia and SEC offices protecting you. I hope it gives him even more reason to fight.

The final 5 games are all winnable. They won't go undefeated but if things go right they could find 3-4 wins.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We arent beating auburn. Actually we arent beating any sec team with our current QB/OL combo

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We can beat Vandy. I think we have a shot at USCe. We'll have to continue to get better on defense to beat Mizzou, which I think we can and will get better.

I dont see us beating AU, but I do expect us to play well in that game coming out of the bye.

UK is better than us right now, but we've seen UK start fast and lay turds down the stretch. I think they're a lot better than they have been and we'll just see how they perform moving forward.

I'm not saying we finish 7-5 or even 6-6, but to act like we have no shot at any of those games is silly.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We may be the only team in college football with a QB unable to get 3 yards with his feet. Doesnt bode well with a bad OL, that actually looked better yesterday at times.