Next Coaching Moves

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Jan 9, 2019.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Damn

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I like Terry Fair. But you can’t strike out on your targets and expect to keep your job. Pruitt treats recruiting as a litmus test. You can pass and keep your job, or look for other jobs.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who did he miss on?

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

CP has been doing so many things right and Tennessee hasn't been know for getting a lot of things right lately so
    [​IMG]

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That’s my thoughts, exactly.

It’s been so long since “didn’t get the job done” was grounds for immediate dismissal.

Refreshing, tbh.

reVOLt and TurtleTiz like this.
  6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Capture.JPG

Just wanting to point out that all the coaches seem to have their name and position on the orange background. Niedermeyer just has Tennessee.

Not about the name on the back. All about the name on the front.

Tenacious D likes this.
  7. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Bray and Chaney together again

8. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well supposedly he had Russell locked up early, said he would be a good one, and couldn’t get it OKed. Not sure who else he was recruiting.

I’ve talked to Terry a time or two. Nice guy, but doesn’t seem like the type that would excel at recruiting high schoolers.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Too nice in some ways and not really into 18 hour days. Cbs looked good and had a good db haul though, so kinda weird

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hilarious to look back now at some of the guys Dooley had on his original staff and recall there were a lot of people thinking he’d win big after we downgraded to Sunseri, Coiner, etc.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Is Jay Graham next?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would be surprised if he works under Pruitt

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's the Saban approach which I like. I think I remember hearing a story about Saban asking one of his assistants to get out of a car on the way to a recruiting visit because the assistant couldn't remember the Grandma's name or something like that. It's all about getting your targets.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He's a great coach but not much of a salesman. We need both right now.

NYY and justingroves like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he coached any other position, he's probably fine. Pruitt is also a great DB coach, however and he's looking for a recruiter at that spot.

Ansley is good at both

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. I like Fair as a coach but Pruitt knows what he wants there more than anyone and I trust him on that 100%

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t know. We’re the Vols so I have to now assume Terry will win 14 national championships as head coach of Florida until proven otherwise.

smokysbark and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I actually thought we had a chance to win big after seeing Dooley’s original staff. The Hiestand->Pittman switch was obviously a good one, but as soon as we replaced Wilcox with a first-time DC I figured it was all over

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If he would have recruited better his staff with Wilcox could have been pretty damn good. He was too arrogant to recruit.